Third Party Press

NOS Firing Pins

Absolut

I've recently picked up a ce 43 coded SSR sniper rifle (see sniper section). What I have not mentioned yet, the seller was a farmer. He told me that his father has some items too and if I may be interested in those as well.

So after being close to their area again, I gave him another visit and ended up buying several bolt action service rifles (Carcanos and Nagant, nothing special). Then the father of the original seller then asked me if I would also be interested in parts only. I asked him what he has, and to my surprise he pulled out a NOS greased, unserialized package of 20 firing pins, wrapped in wax paper.

Since those are completely unmarked, they might be made by a supplier for a gun factory (for Steyr?) which never made their way into a weapon. I don't think they would be armorers spare parts, but others here might know more. He also could not tell me more on them aside that he has had them for probably decades. I have never seen such a package, and therefore I thought I would share this (for me) uncommon find.

Attachments

• Schlagbolzen.jpg
    Schlagbolzen.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 96
Very interesting!! You probably know this but some firing pins have really tiny markings on them, so I’ll be interested to see if you find any as you go through them. Nice find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very neat, very possibly came from a depot threatened by the front. I’ve got a couple but they have a passivation on them. We saw a couple bright ones like this at SOS, they were spares made in Suhl though. I saw a similar package of sight hoods wrapped in wax paper like that too, thanks for sharing the find.

Interesting and strange that You posted these , I needed to pull apart my SSDC SSZZA4 & SSZZA2 Sniper the other night and to my surprise the Firing Pin in this Rifle was completely unmarked . I thought it strange , so I question Mike/Mrfarb about it and he said this a correct and period part that would be used . It could be parts destined for a depot/ss depot . Best Regards.

I have searched the pins, they are void of ANY markings. And Dave, thanks for the tip ... will then need to check my three rifles! Is the one you had mentioned the one with the EP bolt?

Military Rifle Journal
Back