Third Party Press

LT bmj Dialytan #69190

Amberg

Hello,
this ugly piece arrived this morning. According to the seller, it was found right after the war on a farm near Utrecht (Netherlands).
serial# 69190
rifle# 14673 i => late 1943 Mauser

What are your thoughts about the paint? Original or ........?
Neither scope nor rings bear any signs of serious rust.

Thanks
Wolfgang

Attachments

• IMG_5314.jpg
    IMG_5314.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_5311.jpg
    IMG_5311.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5313.jpg
    IMG_5313.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5317.jpg
    IMG_5317.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_5316.jpg
    IMG_5316.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 106
Thanks, but it neither is mud nor sand.
It only covers the scope and the upper part of the rings. Not the lower part of the rings or the dial. The lower part of the rings seems painted black.
Has to be some kind of paint.

Hello,
this ugly piece arrived this morning. According to the seller, it was found right after the war on a farm near Utrecht (Netherlands).
serial# 69190
rifle# 14673 i => late 1943 Mauser

What are your thoughts about the paint? Original or ........?
Neither scope nor rings bear any signs of serious rust.

Thanks
Wolfgang

IMHO , I would not completely rule out the paint being period . It was done with the Scope Cans so why not also on the Scope !!!! .
Regardless it a interesting piece . If you really think its to ugly Your welcome to send it my way . :laugh: Best Regards

If you really think its to ugly Your welcome to send it my way . :laugh: Best Regards

Thanks!
I think I'll have to keep it, since it is not nice enough for your collection.
You may collect that brand new, unissued stuff with no history, I collect the stuff with history, no matter what it looks like.
:laugh:

It sure looks deliberately textured, and I concur on it very likely being period camo.

They camo painted and textured lots of field gear, why not sniper rifles occasionally?

Great scope, I would be proud to have it in my collection.

Jeff

Thanks!
I think I'll have to keep it, since it is not nice enough for your collection.
You may collect that brand new, unissued stuff with no history, I collect the stuff with history, no matter what it looks like.
:laugh:

I believe You misunderstood my reply , I did not say it was ugly or in poor condition . I said if You thought it was Ugly You could send it my way . Your LT is beautiful and I would like it in any condition mainly because its WW2 unlike the WW1 stuff !!!!!!!! . :laugh:

I like it. It lives and history lives.

I wonder if the scope is 63190? Kinda looks it to me. My LT is 23741i with BMJ 65530.

I had another close look. Showed it to my brother and his two daughters.
All say it is #69190
A #63xxx or 65xxx would fit better to your scope, but it seems to be a 69xxx.
Thanks
Wolfgang

Military Rifle Journal
Back