Third Party Press

New member from Virginia

Skip

Hello everyone, new member here from Gloucester Virginia. I have a 1944 98K Mauser that I rescued from a pawn shop in 1997. It was just an action, with a damaged floor plate attached to a homemade stock. It was a horrendous attempt at customization, but the metal and bore were in pristine condition and I got it for almost nothing at $100. I spent a couple of years looking for parts and finally put it back in its military configuration. It's all matching, except the stock/hardware, floor plate and no cleaning rod at this time.This is what she currently looks like. View attachment 199146View attachment 199146

Attachments

• Mauser5.jpg
    Mauser5.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Mauser 3.jpg
    Mauser 3.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Good for you at deciding to get it back to a more proper configuration. Well worth it in my opinion. Thanks for sharing a job well done.

Good score!:happy0180: So do have any photos of the rifle before it's restoration?

I didn't have a cell phone back in 1997, LOL! I didn't think to take a photo, but it was a beautiful action crammed in a horrible looking piece of what appeared to be a 2X4. Which is probably why I got it so cheap. But I knew right away that is was something special.

Military Rifle Journal
Back