Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this?

Default What is this?

I donít recall seeing an inspection like this before, has anyone else? Itís on a Spandau depot rifle with multiple more common 27/19 inspections. Unfortunately itís very faint, so I canít make out what is below it. This is stamped low down on the keel and looks to be canceling out a factory inspection.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by flynaked View Post
    I donít recall seeing an inspection like this before, has anyone else? Itís on a Spandau depot rifle with multiple more common 27/19 inspections. Unfortunately itís very faint, so I canít make out what is below it. This is stamped low down on the keel and looks to be canceling out a factory inspection.
    Is that a Spanish marking?

That would be odd with a swastika under the eagle I wish I could photograph it better itís just so faint. In hand you can make out more of it easier. The rifle is all matching and duffle cut too just for reference.

Clearly this is a rare Waffenowl marking, sometimes known as a War Owl.

Yes, Iím worthless.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsburg View Post
    Clearly this is a rare Waffenowl marking..
    Not to be confused with an authenticator it was often used as a Waffenmeister's seal of approval for an assistants field modification.

Seriously though it does remind me of the thunderbird proof from Imperial era.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in spšteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie KŁssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben mŁssen"

ďNot every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.Ē - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Ike will not stand for such blasphemy!
    In thanks for you all in the forums, I offer this, albeit small:
    If anyone has any questions regarding garage doors and openers, feel free to ask. Been working on them for 25 years.

I thought this was supposed to be a useful forum! thanks any way guys! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by flynaked View Post
    I thought this was supposed to be a useful forum! thanks any way guys! Haha
    What could be less useful than a Mother Teresa - cinnabon comparison?

FN, I think what we have is an E/WaA135 that has distortion from stains or the wood grain, etc. The outlier could be a very old attempt at eagle wanking by someone. I think it just age, wear, stains, water, etc.
    ďNot every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.Ē - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Craig, it’s a depot rework BLM in the original stock. Many but not all of the other inspections are faint, well used combat rifle, I’ll try to snap some better pictures.