Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is this?

That changes the analysis. I didn't read I just looked at the pictures. I believe there is a rework marking with upswept wings like that, IIRC, I just can't recall which it is.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Well luckily my wife’s phone has a much better camera. It almost looks spandau, but it definitely has a “W” preceding the numbers. This is the first upswept wing eagle I can recall seeing, but maybe this is fairly common on depot reworks? The stock is interesting because they applied a redundant serial number.

That's definitely a Spandau depot inspect. I've seen the upwing depot marking but recall it being on bwaf rifles, not German, but there is crossover there.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

It’s typical that they apply redundant serial numbers. I’ve seen that when the original was clear as day. No idea in the other, I can’t make anything out but I suspect it’s associated with the original blm stuff, except Spandau is known to put a marking in the keel too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Farb, for some reason I recall seeing an odd upwing type inspect on a bwaf / foreign rifle rework. I believe there was discussion about it as it was odd. The Su inspects are consistent as to the small one on the side of the butt and a large one on the keel, with the new stock rework numbers. It could be Elvis toast.

Would be interesting to see if there are others. It is the original stock though, same serial stamped twice, like Mike mentioned too. The “W” preceding may very well be part of a cancelled out inspection, makes it hard to tell what we’re looking at with possibly two stamped in the same spot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by flynaked View Post
    Would be interesting to see if there are others. It is the original stock though, same serial stamped twice, like Mike mentioned too. The “W” preceding may very well be part of a cancelled out inspection, makes it hard to tell what we’re looking at with possibly two stamped in the same spot.
    You can see a small "a" next to the W too.....it is an interesting and cool gun, neat re-work! I got to fondle it....

Banned

first saw this

Quote Originally Posted by bertha View Post
    first saw this
    If you are doing what I suspect here, you are wasting your time.

Semarang, Indonesia or Mexico City?
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without