Third Party Press

Thread: 1938 27 Erma K98 Mauser

Default 1938 27 Erma K98 Mauser

Picked up this beauty today. Would like to know more about it, from the experts
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hard code to find, very nice bolt mis-mach. Dose the stock SN# mach the receiver, if so that is an early laminate stock, dose it appear to be sanded or is it just me?

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GetFuzzy2 View Post
    Hard code to find, very nice bolt mis-mach. Dose the stock SN# mach the receiver..
    Agreed tough to find rifle. Several things would lead me to say yes to the question including front band match, bottom metal match and looks un-buggered to the screws and recoil lug is correct. This stock would be heavily marked so something should be found. I almost looks like carry wear but the metal doesn't show it as much? Definitely has had shellac or something applied IMHO.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Everything looks to be number matching expect bolt and butt plate. The stock is number matching as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images