Third Party Press

Question on Astrawerke receivers

Sayer

I have a question, and hopefully I can find an answer. Astrawerke receivers supplying the manufacturers of the LSR are all marked BCD (Almost exclusively) when they're found on correct rifles. This couldn't have been something done at the Astrawerke factory? Is it perhaps that Astrawerke shipped receivers to Gustloff Werke, who then in turn did some sort of machining and shipped the receivers to Sauer? Otherwise, why would Sauer mark their receivers BCD, there would be no reason to not mark the receivers CE.

Does anyone know if Sauer receivers were shipped back to Gustloff once production ceased, and Sauer began production of MP44s?

Thanks!
Sayer

Question is a bit convoluted. Astrawerke sent finished receivers to Sauer who used them as is. At the end of Sauer production they used everything up, didn’t send any to Gustloff. Astrawerke sent finished receivers to Gustloff. Gustloff took over the LSR mantle from Sauer.

The rifle you are asking about is not a Sauer rifle, 5 digit serial number absolutely confirms it’s Gustloff and it’s been refinished. Good photos have been shown here, and others have had hands on inspection of it. It’s a refinished original Gustloff LSR, that’s why nobody wants it. It should be phosphate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question is a bit convoluted. Astrawerke sent finished receivers to Sauer who used them as is. At the end of Sauer production they used everything up, didn’t send any to Gustloff. Astrawerke sent finished receivers to Gustloff. Gustloff took over the LSR mantle from Sauer.

The rifle you are asking about is not a Sauer rifle, 5 digit serial number absolutely confirms it’s Gustloff and it’s been refinished. Good photos have been shown here, and others have had hands on inspection of it. It’s a refinished original Gustloff LSR, that’s why nobody wants it. It should be phosphate.

Perhaps years on the forums causes people to become jaded. My question wasnt about my specific rifle in particular, and furthermore the knowledge is what I am after. I was asking if Asteawerke supplied these receivers to sauer with BCD already coded on them. Also, I dont dispute the five digit serial number, or even that gustloff was the final manufacturer. I am trying to figure out why there are sauer acceptance proofs on my receiver.

Even in these blurry photos, when zoomed you can clearly see the presence of the WaA 37 on the right side of the receiver, and the eagle on the left side of the receiver. (Sauer acceptance) the waffenamt on the top of the receiver is too difficult to see.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ssQrqDP

^ Zoomed photos of acceptance marks. I have also searched high and low for the discussion you mention of this rifle and have found none.

Ok, well no, there are no known examples of Sauer inspected receivers used at Gustloff. Could it happen? I would never say no because anything is possible.

However, if the top final is e/37 then the rifle was finished at Sauer, and if it has a 5 digit serial then the rifle would be rebarreled.

Ok, well no, there are no known examples of Sauer inspected receivers used at Gustloff. Could it happen? I would never say no because anything is possible.

However, if the top final is e/37 then the rifle was finished at Sauer, and if it has a 5 digit serial then the rifle would be rebarreled.

The entire weapon is matching, fonts are correct as well. the receiver is the only thing that is sauer stamped. If someone faked it, or built it, I have trouble believing that anyone would take an all matching rifle and swap out the receiver (when a gustloff BCD 4 receiver is already correct) I have never seen an all matching k98 for sale without the receiver. I've seen plenty of barreled actions missing parts, but never an all matching rifle without a receiver. Or am I mistaken in this assumption?

The rifle you linked is a Sauer, they came pre roll marked to Gustloff. I believe the only other possible roll mark is ce43 during their R&D. I believe you are talking about two rifles at once?

I’ve seen bare lsr receivers swapped into non lsr rifles to build a fake. So, yeah, seen it. Snipers are a cesspool of villainy.

It is also possible that someone added fake Sauer proofs to the receiver to make it look like a Sauer rifle. Sauer LSRs bring more money then Gustloff.

Post clear pictures of the receiver markings

It is also possible that someone added fake Sauer proofs to the receiver to make it look like a Sauer rifle. Sauer LSRs bring more money then Gustloff.

Post clear pictures of the receiver markings

Yes, well as Mike said about cesspools and such. Being every inspection is now available as fakes it takes a broad perspective on any rifle to determine validity. That's just the nature of the game in 2019

Yes, well as Mike said about cesspools and such. Being every inspection is now available as fakes it takes a broad perspective on any rifle to determine validity. That's just the nature of the game in 2019

Even more when its a German Sniper Rifle . Specially with the Monetary gains that can be had .:thumbsup:

Ahhhhh I was confused, I thought two rifles were being discussed, I didn’t even read the other thread. Yeah that thing is a turd after seeing more than two blurry pictures, fortunately whoever popped that one out didn’t know enough about k98’s to make it convincing. It’s simple math, 1500 rifle, add a punch, a refinish job and an upper and bingo 15k. Fortunately they left out the knowledge that could have been gleaned from a 100 book and flushed 12k down with that turd which is about a 3k floater now. Even if they had, a hands on inspection would still out the rifle.

Military Rifle Journal
Back