Third Party Press

dou.45 NLB with odd canvas sling

beautiful rifle congrat love the cloth sling these have been the subject of much debate

thanks for sharing

Why would anyone put a repro sling on a classic rifle

What does the Floorplate and trigger-guard look like in terms of markings/subcontracted parts? There's quite a variety in these and I was curious on what combo this has.

The sling looks a lot like the strap on my panzer shreck. I don’t know if that’s how to spell it but,,, I think it looks great on it! Nice rifle! Larry

What does the Floorplate and trigger-guard look like in terms of markings/subcontracted parts? There's quite a variety in these and I was curious on what combo this has.

Huh, I guess I forgot to post that image. It has a qnw triggerguard with a milled Astrawerke floorplate

Attachments

• Floorplate.jpg
    Floorplate.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 46
Huh, I guess I forgot to post that image. It has a qnw triggerguard with a milled Astrawerke floorplate

Super cool. I love that combo. I can always imagine them searching, scrubbing, checking anywhere for those parts. Particularly the bottom metal deliveries got interrupted .

Super cool. I love that combo. I can always imagine them searching, scrubbing, checking anywhere for those parts. Particularly the bottom metal deliveries got interrupted .

I'd like to double down on this and maybe start a discussion. I think the manufacturers in the east got weened/ordered onto the Lubeck/MO supplied stamped bottom metal. On track so far?

Now think about disruptions. Maybe not even in their output but rather how it gets to those being supplied. Priorates of traffic? Ammo. Tanks right off the line? Marshalling yards being strategically bombed wiping out an entire shipment of said bottom metal.

So when I see NOS, arsenal spares, salvage or Imperial parts on occasion I find these fall into certain blocks generally. Yea? Nay? I see 4 types on the phone trying to deal for bottom metal. People cleaning/scouring the warehouses, docks, even behind workbenches looking for anyt8ig they can find.

Anywhere to find/make a repro of one of those cloth slings?
Fly naked has the one from mine.

If you want to take a shot at making up a similar sling you can buy a used and somewhat weathered CZ 52 sling on Ebay, take off the Czech buckle and leather. sew it on and it looks great, of course a panzershreck sling would be ideal if you can find one.:biggrin1:

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back