Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best repo sling

Default Best repo sling

Can anyone tell me who makes the best quality repo slings for the K98? My rifle is a BYF 44 what would be the correct color. There are so many different repo slings out there it makes my head spin

At The Front IMHO has the best repro slings....just about everything on eBay will be junk...

So for me, if you must have a repro sling, At The Front is your answer, go check them out....

I would agree with pzjgr. ATF offers two grades of the K98k sling. The cheaper one is very good for a repro. The pricier "Texled" version looks to be a fairly direct copy of the original sling. I have not seen one of those in person, but here is a link...https://www.atthefront.com/product-p/gwk98t.htm

Default Repo sling

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    I would agree with pzjgr. ATF offers two grades of the K98k sling. The cheaper one is very good for a repro. The pricier "Texled" version looks to be a fairly direct copy of the original sling. I have not seen one of those in person, but here is a link...https://www.atthefront.com/product-p/gwk98t.htm
    Thanks for the response

Default Sling

Quote Originally Posted by pzjgr View Post
    At The Front IMHO has the best repro slings....just about everything on eBay will be junk...

So for me, if you must have a repro sling, At The Front is your answer, go check them out....
    The originals that I have looked at are too expensive. I know that the leather is 75 years old but I just acquired a mint stock and the beat up originals just wont look right. Is there a vendor that you can refer me to that has good original slings that don't look like they have "been through a war"? Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by JBBOOKS View Post
    The originals that I have looked at are too expensive. I know that the leather is 75 years old but I just acquired a mint stock and the beat up originals just wont look right. Is there a vendor that you can refer me to that has good original slings that don't look like they have "been through a war"? Thanks for your help
    See the link provided by Stan...At The Front...

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBBOOKS View Post
    The originals that I have looked at are too expensive.
    Nice or really nice originals ARE expensive. That's why all the ones you see look like they've been 'through the war'.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Another vote for At The Front, if a reproduction is what you're looking for.

I have a couple of them, and they are very good for the price you pay.

Cheers.
    G.

No vote on repro sling from anywhere.
    Can't afford a $100 sling??

Default $100 sling

Quote Originally Posted by sprat View Post
    No vote on repro sling from anywhere.
    Can't afford a $100 sling??
    Can't find a good sling for $100. All that I have found in that price range have issues, cracked leather, missing keeper, post war or IDF.