Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best repo sling

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBBOOKS View Post
    Can't find a good sling for $100. All that I have found in that price range have issues, cracked leather, missing keeper, post war or IDF.
    This. That's where I was going with my comment about nice originals and pricing. If there were nice original slings for $100 there are guys who would buy every one of them sight unseen, triple the price and still sell them all.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    This. That's where I was going with my comment about nice originals and pricing. If there were nice original slings for $100 there are guys who would buy every one of them sight unseen, triple the price and still sell them all.
    Heavy thanks for the reply. Don't know where the other Forum member can find nice $100 slings but I wish he would let us know! Looks like I will be shopping At The Front.

Default Repo sling

+1 with the ATF, but I also like the surplus Israeli slings, if you can find them...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG43 View Post
    +1 with the ATF, but I also like the surplus Israeli slings, if you can find them...
    They are nice, very solid, but very thick, and the brass hardware gives them away...

If you MUST have a repro, and there are many reason to have one, re-enactors who are going to use it a lot, a stone cold mint rifle you want a mint sling on, etc....ATF texled slings are really primo...still not cheap at $70, but yeah, its hard to find a really primo original for $100 unless you get lucky.

Minty originals are way up there in price....and yeah, for sure, if I could find a stash of minty originals for $100 I would buy a bunch and easily sell them for $200 a piece!

Pacific Canvas and Leather makes a good one. I think that's what's on my RC re-enacting AR42 ZF-41. I did trim the frosch so it would lay within the cut out. Oiled, with two solid seasons behind it.

hmmm...not listed anymore...

https://pacificcanvasandleather.com/collections/slings

May have also been a SARCO sling; have even more trouble remembering since my heart attack.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/mauser-k98...l-leather.aspx

t
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Universe is Change, Life is Opinion. Emperor Marcus Aurelius, A.D. 173
    Bun-San 2009-2017

Quote Originally Posted by JBBOOKS View Post
    Can't find a good sling for $100. All that I have found in that price range have issues, cracked leather, missing keeper, post war or IDF.
    Better off with a IDF sling from what a country
    Least it's not repro garbage. You friends will never know it's IDF

Man the Line makes a decent repo sling.