Third Party Press

Best repo sling

JBBOOKS

Can anyone tell me who makes the best quality repo slings for the K98? My rifle is a BYF 44 what would be the correct color. There are so many different repo slings out there it makes my head spin:googlie

At The Front IMHO has the best repro slings....just about everything on eBay will be junk...

So for me, if you must have a repro sling, At The Front is your answer, go check them out....

Sling

At The Front IMHO has the best repro slings....just about everything on eBay will be junk...

So for me, if you must have a repro sling, At The Front is your answer, go check them out....

The originals that I have looked at are too expensive. I know that the leather is 75 years old but I just acquired a mint stock and the beat up originals just wont look right. Is there a vendor that you can refer me to that has good original slings that don't look like they have "been through a war"? Thanks for your help

The originals that I have looked at are too expensive. I know that the leather is 75 years old but I just acquired a mint stock and the beat up originals just wont look right. Is there a vendor that you can refer me to that has good original slings that don't look like they have "been through a war"? Thanks for your help

See the link provided by Stan...At The Front...

Another vote for At The Front, if a reproduction is what you're looking for.

I have a couple of them, and they are very good for the price you pay.

Cheers.
G.

Can't find a good sling for $100. All that I have found in that price range have issues, cracked leather, missing keeper, post war or IDF.

This. That's where I was going with my comment about nice originals and pricing. If there were nice original slings for $100 there are guys who would buy every one of them sight unseen, triple the price and still sell them all.

This. That's where I was going with my comment about nice originals and pricing. If there were nice original slings for $100 there are guys who would buy every one of them sight unseen, triple the price and still sell them all.

Heavy thanks for the reply. Don't know where the other Forum member can find nice $100 slings but I wish he would let us know! Looks like I will be shopping At The Front.

+1 with the ATF, but I also like the surplus Israeli slings, if you can find them...

They are nice, very solid, but very thick, and the brass hardware gives them away...

If you MUST have a repro, and there are many reason to have one, re-enactors who are going to use it a lot, a stone cold mint rifle you want a mint sling on, etc....ATF texled slings are really primo...still not cheap at $70, but yeah, its hard to find a really primo original for $100 unless you get lucky.

Minty originals are way up there in price....and yeah, for sure, if I could find a stash of minty originals for $100 I would buy a bunch and easily sell them for $200 a piece!

Attachments

• IMG_6628.jpg
    IMG_6628.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6629.jpg
    IMG_6629.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6630.jpg
    IMG_6630.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6631.jpg
    IMG_6631.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 24
Can't find a good sling for $100. All that I have found in that price range have issues, cracked leather, missing keeper, post war or IDF.

Better off with a IDF sling from what a country
Least it's not repro garbage. You friends will never know it's IDF

Military Rifle Journal
Back