Third Party Press

New to me DUV 41

Yobnoc

Hello all, I have been lurking on this forum for a while and this is my first post. I figured I would share some pics of my k98 that I got a few months ago. I have to say I appreciate all the posts on this site as it helped me figure out what I was looking for. Hopefully I didn't get burned as this cost me 1400.

So on to the rifle, when I got it it was covered in cosmoline (or some kind of grease) inside and out. The blueing is in great shape and the bore is bright. All the numbers match save for the bolt ejector box which I think is marked "30." the stock is in great shape but sadly on the right side of the butt stock a ding kinda ruined the markings. let me know what you all think!

20190304_234945_resized.jpg
20190304_234902_resized.jpg
20190304_234811_resized.jpg
20190304_234725_resized.jpg
20190304_234832_resized.jpg
20190304_234653_resized.jpg

I can't be of much help as I too am quite new to Mausers and for now can only really afford the Czech/EG refurb I have, but the one you have sure looks nice!! Will be following this thread for sure.

duv41

Appears to be a nice 'l' block produced in late 1941.
I would not worry about the MM ejector box. Not a big hit on value and really does not impact this rifles
collector value to any great degree.

Did you clean the grease or cosmoline with a solvent because the stock looks very dry.
In this period the factory would have applied a coating of linseed oil.

Thanks for posting!

Appears to be a nice 'l' block produced in late 1941.
I would not worry about the MM ejector box. Not a big hit on value and really does not impact this rifles
collector value to any great degree.

Did you clean the grease or cosmoline with a solvent because the stock looks very dry.
In this period the factory would have applied a coating of linseed oil.

Thanks for posting!

I used crud cutter and heat Was trying really hard not to ruin any markings or stamps. I have blo and can rub some in this weekend.

Military Rifle Journal
Back