Third Party Press

TURD ALERT > Ebay Auction SS Objective Mount Scope

Dave Roberts

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?
Staff member
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-German...523428?hash=item5b541283a4:g:aI0AAOSwea5cel7I

Wanted anyone that maybe bidding on this Scope that it has been ALTERED and the Seller is making NO mention of these issues .
1. The Claws on Front Ring have been completely Altered to fit another Base .
2. The Rear Middle Section has had the Original Claws removed completely and then new Claws ReMachined into the Middle Section which intern has change the overall height of the Rear Middle Piece .
3. The Range Dial or Scale Dial is NOT Original to this Scope . This Scope was just Sold on Egun and at that time the Scope has NO Scale Ring on it .
Here is Auction Listing from Egun. >http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=7343424

I have contacted the seller and informed him about these issue but its highly unlikely that he will alter his descriptionas he is know shite Bird . But I wanted to make the issues known to any members that maybe thinking about bidding .

IMHO this Scope is nothing more than a Parts Scope due to the severity of Alteration that have been done to the Rings . Best Regards

Thanks for the heads up Dave. Someone went to a lot of trouble to put that together.

Even more interesting is that the guy who bought the scope originally on eGun also bought a few more scopes on eGun which he got feedback for buying them. Among them are the following items:
  • Hensoldt Ziel-Dialyt 8x serial 33.051
  • Hensoldt Dialytan 4x serial 58.815 (the particular scope mentioned by Dave)
  • Hensoldt-Wetzlar Dialytan 4x serial 15.933
  • Carl Zeiss Zielvier serial 39.659
  • Hensoldt Wetzlar 4x scope with Turret Mount (no serial visible)
  • Hensoldt-Wetzlar Dialytan 4x serial 15.622

I'm sure quite a few of those will appear again for sale on eBay too.

Wasn't this guy already known for many forgeries and fakes, usually from assembled parts or downright faking markings?

Wasn't this guy already known for many forgeries and fakes, usually from assembled parts or downright faking markings?

Yes he is well known for doing this . The biggest problem is this Scope & Rings Is/Was an Original SS OM Scope but the seller is making NO mention about the Alterations done to the Rings/Claws . My concern was someone would spend big money for an Original Scope & Rings and when they received it , they would be horrified by what they bought . The average collector would likely not notice the Alterations when looking at the auction photos . Because seller leaves out many of the needed photos to verify originality , he shows just enough to make the novices collector think its correct but nothing more . As I mentioned I new about this Scope when listed on Egun as did another member here both of us knew it had been Altered , but we could not tell to what respect so neither of us bid . In hindsight I regret not bidding even if to just keep it out of dishonest person hands or even just to have for spare parts as it sold for small amount on Egun . Best Regards

Military Rifle Journal
Back