Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bnz 44 p block

Default bnz 44 p block

I haven't had time to post any rifles in a while. Had a day off from work, some rare sunshine, and warmer weather so am sharing photos of a transitional Steyr from late 1944.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

I buy capture paper guns ugafx4's Avatar

My type of rifle, gorgeous! Nice sight hood too.

Dust in all the right spots, and unturned late screws!
    Last edited by ugafx4; 03-09-2019 at 11:51 AM.

A few more photos. I didn't change anything. It came with the Steyr variant sight hood, the cleaning rod, and the excellent condition sling. Note the "C" stock also.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

So you’re the one that beat me to it by a few minutes haha! Congrats Eric, it’s a nice one! I’d been looking for a good late 44 and was on the phone with him right away. Glad someone here got it!

I ran into it by accident. I don't always visit GI but likely should. I opened up the description not expecting much and ended up calling to buy it within about 2 minutes despite not having the funds to do it. The seller was very friendly and took the sale after hours. I had it less than a week after finding it. He told me he had it up for around 5 days by the time I found it. I don't know why it lasted longer than a day.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

That's a great rifle. Love the contrasts. I also can't understand how it lasted 5 days? Congrats it's a looker.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

That’s interesting, I called not more than a couple hours after it was posted and he said he had a message saying someone would take it. I guess they backed out, damn It’s a sweet rifle congrats again!!

Is that sight slide Phosphate, what’s going on there??

Well it looks like just the bottom of it has that appearance. But it’s distinctly blued, with part of it looking like a partial acid dip, but then worn/polished metal where the slide contacts the ramp so definitely a different finish there, that’s very interesting.

** Love the front action screw, only the second Steyr I can remember seeing with an as forged screw head, not ground or machined like normal. Here’s the other.
    Last edited by flynaked; 03-09-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Default Hoarder....

Wow...untouched...no pimp shine

Fantastic untouched example. Right from the hood to the buttplate, there isn't much that could be upgraded. That c stock is so nice.
    WTB: Rough milled, blued, unnumbered floor plate as found on late MO rifles. Unnumbered MO bands, both KM and standard type, MO KM stocks including an unaccepted one, MO bands and stock 5897, upper band 0643