Third Party Press
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JP Sauer High Turret

Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar

Default JP Sauer High Turret

Bought this about a month ago from an older collector. A lot of you got to see this at the SOS.

This is a very late JPS High Turret. Long Side Rails start showing up in the U block. So it is my theory that this is the last letter block for turrets. Someone here who keeps a detailed serial study can verify or correct me on this. I have never seen a t block Long Side Rail (besides some prototypes) or a U block turret.

White glue stock, base rifle is all match. Scope doesn't match but is a uncommon H4x60 Kahlas scope. Not as nice as Dave's all matching one. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

JPS 1944 t block High Turret (1).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (3).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (4).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (5).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (6).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (7).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (8).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (9).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (10).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (11).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (12).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (13).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (14).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (15).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (16).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (17).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (19).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (20).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (21).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (22).jpg

You did a good job getting that wood putty off the stock. Looks much better.

Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar

Yes, I think it looks better. Here it was before.

JPS High Turret T block (23).jpg

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?

Great Sauer HT Matt , I think it looks good in the pics ,but a lot better in hand . The Scope & Rings have gone full circle so to speak in a very short time and it looks good on the Rifle . That scope & rings certainly looks better on a Sauer Rifle than the Mauser HT I got it off of . I agree with Ryan`s comment about the removal of putty You did a good job and IMHO it looks better with it removed . Best Regards

very nice Sauer
    for your question, I have to search my database
    she is on a book
    when I get it, I'll answer you

Nice HT! Never did end up getting an upper for mine, now long gone

Default Jps ht

Matt I think that rifle looks perfect and I really like how that scope looks on there. It was nice we worked on a deal for scope with Dave. Those JPS High Turrets really are great rifles and one of my favorites.

I agree, great rifle. The King of the High Turrets, I think.

Jeff
    Collecting latewar K98k rifles and snipers and scopes, and WWII German 6x30 binoculars.

INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Very nice rifle, congratulations on it!