Third Party Press

JP Sauer High Turret

mdarnell19

Beavis Moderator
Staff member
Bought this about a month ago from an older collector. A lot of you got to see this at the SOS.

This is a very late JPS High Turret. Long Side Rails start showing up in the U block. So it is my theory that this is the last letter block for turrets. Someone here who keeps a detailed serial study can verify or correct me on this. I have never seen a t block Long Side Rail (besides some prototypes) or a U block turret.

White glue stock, base rifle is all match. Scope doesn't match but is a uncommon H4x60 Kahlas scope. Not as nice as Dave's all matching one. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

JPS 1944 t block High Turret (1).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (3).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (4).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (5).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (6).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (7).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (8).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (9).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (10).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (11).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (12).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (13).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (14).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (15).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (16).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (17).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (19).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (20).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (21).jpgJPS 1944 t block High Turret (22).jpg

You did a good job getting that wood putty off the stock. Looks much better.

Great Sauer HT Matt , I think it looks good in the pics ,but a lot better in hand . The Scope & Rings have gone full circle so to speak in a very short time and it looks good on the Rifle . That scope & rings certainly looks better on a Sauer Rifle than the Mauser HT I got it off of . I agree with Ryan`s comment about the removal of putty You did a good job and IMHO it looks better with it removed . Best Regards
:thumbsup:

very nice Sauer
for your question, I have to search my database
she is on a book
when I get it, I'll answer you

excellent
the same stock finish!!

Attachments

• sauer ht 001 [hugo].jpg
    sauer ht 001 [hugo].jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 83
  • sauer ht 002 [hugo].jpg
    sauer ht 002 [hugo].jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 79
  • sauer ht 003 [hugo].jpg
    sauer ht 003 [hugo].jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 76
  • sauer ht 004 [hugo].JPG
    sauer ht 004 [hugo].JPG
    275 KB · Views: 57
  • sauer ht 005 [hugo].JPG
    sauer ht 005 [hugo].JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 64
  • sauer ht 006 [hugo].jpg
    sauer ht 006 [hugo].jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 53
excellent
the same stock finish!!

Is Your Sauer Turret all matching , including optic ??. If optic does not match what is the Rifle Number on Ring and Scope Serial ?? .
Thank You . Very Nice looking Sauer HT . Best Regards .

Matt I think that rifle looks perfect and I really like how that scope looks on there. It was nice we worked on a deal for scope with Dave. Those JPS High Turrets really are great rifles and one of my favorites.

Very nice rifle with a fantastic KHALES, congratulations. I tried my CE with KHALES HT from a friend and she fits me perfectly. The KHALES are clearer than the DKL, the reticle is more pointed. The look of the DKL is more aggressive, we do not know what to prefer

Attachments

• avec khales - Copie.jpg
    avec khales - Copie.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_0245.jpg
    DSC_0245.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 69
Serial number scope

Hello
It seems ridiculous to me to hide serial numbers on scopes, mount or wathever. Live is short , do not forget that.
Will you have your sauer HT and / or scope with you in your coffin when you are died ?
Best regards.

Very nice rifle with a fantastic KHALES, congratulations. I tried my CE with KHALES HT from a friend and she fits me perfectly. The KHALES are clearer than the DKL, the reticle is more pointed. The look of the DKL is more aggressive, we do not know what to prefer

Hello
It seems ridiculous to me to hide serial numbers on scopes, mount or wathever. Live is short , do not forget that.
Will you have your sauer HT and / or scope with you in your coffin when you are died ?
Best regards.

Xavier , I believe JackDaniels hid the Serial Number because as he stated the Scope is from a friend . Maybe the owner requested he do this . I am of same mind set as You why hide serial numbers from Members . I thought that was the main reason for making such forums . Sharing of info .

But many members here are well aware there are those who only wish to profit from such Forums and give NOTHING In return . Thankfully most members are sharers and not takers . Best Regards

Xavier , I believe JackDaniels hid the Serial Number because as he stated the Scope is from a friend . Maybe the owner requested he do this . I am of same mind set as You why hide serial numbers from Members . I thought that was the main reason for making such forums . Sharing of info .

But many members here are well aware there are those who only wish to profit from such Forums and give NOTHING In return . Thankfully most members are sharers and not takers . Best Regards

Of course, I hid the number because this scope is not mine, i think to have not already hidden a number on this forum. Xavier you know the owner of this KHALES and you certainly have already haven had it in your hands.
I think the word ridiculous was a bit loud

Best regard

Military Rifle Journal
Back