Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pick Up ac 43 P-38, Maker Trio Complete!

Default New Pick Up ac 43 P-38, Maker Trio Complete!

Was able to get this out of layaway jail last week....an ac 43 P-38, 100% matching, with correct mag.

It has some holster wear on the high spots, but otherwise very nice.

Pics tell all, but this now rounds out at least a maker collection...a byf 43, ac 43, and non-RC cyq "0" series, all three 100% matching. The byf and cyq are complete rigs with correct spare mags and holsters too...
    Attached Images Attached Images

The trio...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like p.38s. Nice group shot. Not sure if you’re aware, but that grip I see on the byf43 is appropriate for a cyq. If you wanted a proper set of grips it wouldn’t be hard to do.

If you only need to replace that left grip I have a good color match AEG grip which would be proper.

Excellent work! You need a cyq that is ‘43 built now to make a complete ‘43 collection. A ‘43 made cyq won’t be hard to locate.....or shouldn’t be. The grip replacement won’t be hard to find on the Mauser gun. Leon can help you out pretty quickly I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanLM View Post
    I like p.38s. Nice group shot. Not sure if you’re aware, but that grip I see on the byf43 is appropriate for a cyq. If you wanted a proper set of grips it wouldn’t be hard to do.
    I'll pull the grips to double check, but I had Jim Gentile go over it (along with Bob W from this forum), and they said the grips were good on it...I'll pull them and see what they are marked...

There’s no question that they are of Posselt construction and not correct for a byf43.

There’s no question that they are of Posselt construction and not correct for a byf43.
    Yeah, now that I really think about it, I think they did say the grips were wrong, but I said I didn't really care, I dug the red color. They are a matched set, so who know how they got on there...I know the rest of the pistol is matching though....

What range would they be on, on a correct Spreewerk?

You could probably put them in any cyq and no one would say they are incorrect. But, I usually see these really red grips on earlier cyqs. I’ve had b and d block pistols with identical grips. Currently have an N block with these red grips. What’s the other grip look like?

You could probably put them in any cyq and no one would say they are incorrect. But, I usually see these really red grips on earlier cyqs. I’ve had b and d block pistols with identical grips. Currently have an N block with these red grips. What’s the other grip look like?
    Identical in color, but I will pull them and get some pics inside and out of them...