Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reporting a Fraud and Dangerous Firearm

Default Reporting a Fraud and Dangerous Firearm

Hello Everyone,

You probably don't remember me from last year when I purchased a fake k98 and subsequently pressured the seller into taking the rifle back at your direction. Full story here:
    http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....g-the-markings

All of you helped me more than you ever needed to and I am infinitely grateful.

I set a notification on gunbroker and the same seller is trying to sell the same rifle again:
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/802461621

I'd like to figure out a way to contact the current bidder, but also wanted to make sure that everyone here was aware that this turd was for sale again. This time he actually posted a picture of the receiver ring with the welding voids. A second gunsmith I went to said this rifle was dangerous to fire and could kill someone(other than whatever it is aimed at). Not sure how to proceed but the seller seems to be unrepentant for peddling crap like this.

Keeper of the Def's Head M1903A3's Avatar

Hello again! I absolutely DO remember this rifle. Sellers like this guy have no ethics or morals. Either HE bought it and got burned and is trying to get his money back out of it (not okay) OR he himself is Dr. Frankenstein and now he seeks to peddle off his creation.

I don’t know if you can report a gun as being known to be unsafe or anything on GB, but it’s worth a try. I don’t spend enough time on there to know what the options might be.

The truth is that it is entirely possible that others will bid on it and someone else will buy it. It’s fairly frequent that faked rifles sell and it is just an unfortunate truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see in his feedbacks that he was involved in an auction for a drilled and tapped gun in like 2016 I think it said. That could be this gun that he got burned on and decided to “fix”. No other items for sale and only 6 feedbacks since joining.

Already one bid for 500 bucks as you already noted. Someone is going to get burned on this but again, that is far more frequent than many realize. There’s humped stuff out there EVERYWHERE. Ugh.

It looks dangerous as in the receiver if welded and ground on that crudely could now be a grenade.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    It looks dangerous as in the receiver if welded and ground on that crudely could now be a grenade.
    For sure. Also, one thing you can't see from the picture is the bolt is actually from a VZ24 and it looks like someone used a blowtorch to heat the bolt handle up and bend it down. Scoring from this is visible on the safety lug in the rear, which could have affected the tempering of that lug. 100% turd.

Quote Originally Posted by M1903A3 View Post
    I see in his feedbacks that he was involved in an auction for a drilled and tapped gun in like 2016 I think it said. That could be this gun that he got burned on and decided to “fix”. No other items for sale and only 6 feedbacks since joining.

Already one bid for 500 bucks as you already noted. Someone is going to get burned on this but again, that is far more frequent than many realize. There’s humped stuff out there EVERYWHERE. Ugh.

It is very unfortunate that someone else will get burned. I googled around for a way to contact other GB members and came up empty. The only option is to contact the seller, but he would probably just go on another tirade about how I was the dishonorable one for demanding a refund.

You really have no option unless you can get legal authorities involved. GB absolutely does not care about sellers peddling garbage or lying in their ads. I've reached out to them with several pretty specific things and they haven't given two shits. Unfortunately the NR is in for a tough lesson.
    This is a piece that will be of extreme interest to any serious German Rifle collector.

Quote Originally Posted by phillynick View Post
    You really have no option unless you can get legal authorities involved. GB absolutely does not care about sellers peddling garbage or lying in their ads. I've reached out to them with several pretty specific things and they haven't given two shits. Unfortunately the NR is in for a tough lesson.
    That's been my experience, as well with GB. Hopefully the bidder will either wise up and back out, or will do as I did and consult some professional advice.

The gun is so obviously bad, and information is so readily available, that the fool who bids on this abortion has only himself to blame....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDavis View Post
    The gun is so obviously bad, and information is so readily available, that the fool who bids on this abortion has only himself to blame....
    We have exactly the same name!! Yep this one has been so thoroughly ruined that it’s hard to see anything useful on it. Maybe the stock? Oh well. Another rifle ruined.