Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German tinnies

Default German tinnies

I'm not to experienced with them so any help would be great , if there fakes or real ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member BerlinerLuebecker's Avatar

Not really my field either, but at first glance these look okay (not sure about bottom right, never seen that one before). They produced tons of these for various events and party functions. Bottom left is an example from the Winterhilfswerk, I believe. Much like today, you make a donation, you get some kinda crap for it. The mini-book is interesting.

From observation, it seems like most tinnies go for $10-20 depending on condition and type. There are rare ones that can go far beyond that, but by and large most will fall into that range.
    Life, Liberty, Property

Always looking for any information on the 97th Light Infantry (Jäger) Division, 1940-1945.

Ok thank you and Yeah the bottom right is odd
    The propaganda booklet is in decent shape too bad I can't read German lol

So many of those were made for everything under the sun, I've never seen any I thought were faked. Not much value compared to other German collectables so why bother.

G2

Quote Originally Posted by gunnertwo View Post
    So many of those were made for everything under the sun, I've never seen any I thought were faked. Not much value compared to other German collectables so why bother.

G2
    It's still interesting and a part of history , frankly I don't really look for an investment in any of the items I have or buy but rather get them to enjoy them as historical items but each to there own I guess

I think he meant “why bother faking them”......
    Looking for 10" cleaning rod, early style e/214 #91, nazi style e/26 #04

Oh ok I misunderstood, sorry about that

If you decide to collect tinnies, it would be a sizable task. There are just so many of them and like said before for just about everything. I have seen the bottom right (tinnie) donation badge before, it is a good one even if it looks like some one made it in a first grade art class. They made these things out of glass, bakelite (plastic), ceramic, wood, paper, zinc, tombac, tin and probably other metals. Saw a brass one for an S.A. Motorcycle event that sold for $150. I know, small dollar amount but not bad for a thin piece of metal with a crude safety pin soldered to the back of it. I am sure there are some that are rare and worth more, but most are cheap and plentiful.
    " Hey, I got it from a long time dealer in Third Reich militaria years ago, so you know it`s real." Over heard comment at a table.

The top right one with "Reichstag" is from post reunification time.

If someone else has a collection I hope they post it, I think they are interesting. My favorite is the little book in the top left corner.