Third Party Press

Strange stamp on K98 Barrel

MattE93

Anyone know what this stamp on the barrel of my Czech/EG refurb K98 is?

I am talking about the alpha numeric one on top of the barrel

8akDlhy.jpg

Possible? I haven’t seen a similar marking anywhere. It also has the standard stamping that wraps around the barrel. I was wondering if it could have been unit marking but honestly have no idea.

I can see that the Nazi proofs and acceptances have been peened out and that’s the best “crossed swords” I’ve ever seen on top of the receiver. I have not seen any Russian Captures with an added number, are there any other odd markings on it anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No there aren’t that is the only one. The Eagles are “peened” but very lightly, can still make out swastikas on both the peened ones.

That’s because it’s Czech, not an RC :biggrin1:

QUOTE=M1903A3;263811]I can see that the Nazi proofs and acceptances have been peened out and that’s the best “crossed swords” I’ve ever seen on top of the receiver. I have not seen any Russian Captures with an added number, are there any other odd markings on it anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can’t seem to find another example of the cross swords anywhere else online so not sure how crisp the Czech ones are supposed to be. I don’t think this one is an RC, no electro pencil, shellac, Russian black coating on the metal, and everything that’s is visible was renumbered to the receiver or already matches the receiver. I am fairly certain this one has Czech and possibly East German provenance.

I can’t for the life of me figure out what the alpha numeric code on the barrel is though.

Military Rifle Journal
Back