Third Party Press

Numrich Repro Stock Issue

fxrgrunt

Got this numrich stock for shooting to avoid messing with my original. The action fully seats no problem, but I noticed that on the left side of the stock where the bolt release pin enters the stock it is missing material that the original stock would normally have. Not sure if this is a safety issue or not. Trying to decide whether to return it and get a pphu fox or what. I have included photos for reference e between my original stock and this one. You can see the little ledge that is missing on the repro.

Attachments

• 20190321_210445.jpg
    20190321_210445.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 20190321_210048.jpg
    20190321_210048.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 93
If your looking for a shooting/hunting stock, use a real k98 stock which has been sported. They come up all the time on ebay or try a WTB listing on the Trader section of this site. You'll be able to return the repo K98 stock and in the process save yourself some $$.

I think the Numrich stock will be ok. But I do like the idea of trying to find an already sporterized original K98 stock.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your looking for a shooting/hunting stock, use a real k98 stock which has been sported. They come up all the time on ebay or try a WTB listing on the Trader section of this site. You'll be able to return the repo K98 stock and in the process save yourself some $$.

I already have a sporter stock which was the original stock. I just wanted to shoot it, but enjoy it in the original configuration. I picked up an RC stock also but I did notice e some cracking near the recoil lug.

Military Rifle Journal
Back