Third Party Press

Repro scope rail? Who makes one?

Srtjeeplover95

Hello,

Who makes a repro scope rail or does anyone have a extra laying around. Bought a box full of parts. I have a full reciever and bolt but it is missing a rail for the scope. Any suggestions..thanks

I’m not sure of your meaning and I assume you are referring to a G/K43. If you have a G/K43 receiver then it either has a integral scope rail that is in the receiver forging OR you have a receiver that has had the rail milled off. I have both types in my modest collection; the typical railed G/K43 and the far less common variant with the milled off scope rail. To my knowledge you don’t simply “add” a rail....but I might be misunderstanding your question. If a G41, well, that’s a whole new topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure of your meaning and I assume you are referring to a G/K43. If you have a G/K43 receiver then it either has a integral scope rail that is in the receiver forging OR you have a receiver that has had the rail milled off. I have both types in my modest collection; the typical railed G/K43 and the far less common variant with the milled off scope rail. To my knowledge you don’t simply “add” a rail....but I might be misunderstanding your question. If a G41, well, that’s a whole new topic.

It's a G43. Well it's a DUV44 reciever so I wonder if someone sliced it at one point? Or maybe it never had one. It's a A block DUV44

Might want to post some pics. I have a Walther ac44 n-block with the milled off rail.
d8fda4eef1e3286b7acbf64fb01fe924.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the rail show up missing on receivers that either had a flaw in the rail, or the rifle did not meet the required accuracy during testing. These are normally found on Walther produced rifles , never saw one on a BLM g/k43.

Yeah it looks alot like that will post pictures soon. Why did they mill it off do you know

Theory is that if the rifle did not meet the accuracy requirements to be issued a sniper variant, then the rail was milled off to prevent scope from being attached. I'm not certain this was the reason but it is a theory or speculation.

Military Rifle Journal
Back