Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ar 43 "L" block

Collector /Militaria Dealer Gerard's Avatar

Default ar 43 "L" block

Another recent addition. I don't think we have one like this in the pic reference. A really clean (I mean REALLY clean) ar 43. Comments welcome, enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WTB: K98 rifles that are matching and untouched. See my want list:http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....ched-condition

more photos...
    WTB: K98 rifles that are matching and untouched. See my want list:http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....ched-condition

still more..

Internal stock and handguard numbers. Stock shows letter block. Bolt in another FN subcontract (what a surprise), e/140 and M1 marked.

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?

I really like that one. I am a fussy collector but I do like the continual quality put into crafting that weapon even into 1943. Wood, metal, and finish all are superb.

mow.

Default About time !!

Glad to see you stopped looking for tan cleaning kits and posted some rifles ! I was lucky enough to have This one and the others "in hand" @ the allentown show. His pictures dont compare to up close. This rifle is as nice as one can hope to find in any year code combo. Ar 43's come in a few flavors and this one is very close to the one I owned an near new. This one uses a Mauser berlin receiver and an f/n bolt which is pretty standard in 43. The variant I had was an astrawerke subcontracted type coded 'ar'. But otherwise they are identicle. This was a great find ! Congrats... Added. my ar43 was in the 'f' block.
    Last edited by mauser99; 11-11-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Yes, talking about holding out... two nice rifles in 24 hours!

I was going to ask about the acceptance on the bolt, saw the e/140 striker, but MB is a really hard rifle to find anywhere near this nice 1941-1943. Worse, it ain't all that easy to find a matching bolt either. MB went to sterile marking as harsh as did dou, and others, and largely only serialed parts, including bolts. Leaving off acceptance patterns, including on the bottom flat of the bolts. What is the exact acceptance on this FN bolt, under the bolt flat? Just an elongated stick eagle over WaA 140?

Simon,
    yes, it's the typical undetailed eagle over "140", the raised square on the bolt (don't know what it's called) is also marked "M1". The barrel is interesting, it has a small "cr" over a "4" and then the code? "ap".

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by SimsonSuhl View Post
    Yes, talking about holding out... two nice rifles in 24 hours!

I was going to ask about the acceptance on the bolt, saw the e/140 striker, but MB is a really hard rifle to find anywhere near this nice 1941-1943. Worse, it ain't all that easy to find a matching bolt either. MB went to sterile marking as harsh as did dou, and others, and largely only serialed parts, including bolts. Leaving off acceptance patterns, including on the bottom flat of the bolts. What is the exact acceptance on this FN bolt, under the bolt flat? Just an elongated stick eagle over WaA 140?

Default f/n bolts

there are a couple way to 'id' an f/n bolt. The Ml on the rear locking lug is one. Also there is sometimes an X or an S in the bolt root area under the serial number. Not all f/n bolts have the e/140 waffenampt. It seems they were lacks later on in production.

I assume by what little I know about these rifles that ar's were not marked on the right side of the stock?
    Last edited by mto7464; 11-10-2011 at 10:47 PM.