Third Party Press

gunbroker rifle .. and SOS re-visited..!

tbied2

well;;.. i got a rifle off of gun broker last week. price & rifle about average. but,, you know your in trouble when the recuperator is in backwards. it is mismatched but had a walnut stock. also; several armorer parts that i needed. it is an early duv 43.. unfortunately, in order to break even on this rifle, i will probably sell the parts & keep the armorer parts. if i wanted to fix it up & sell, with some of my parts,, the price would be over 5 grand & that just ain't gonna happen.

* also;;.. three times in the last few months there have been items sent to me in round tubes. which take several weeks to arrive. my mailman says those items usually roll off the conveyors and get lost. one never made it at all...

** this was the first year i put my business card in the SOS program. it worked pretty good & have had several contacts due to someone seeing that.

*** and finally;;... from the SOS,,.., i am still waiting for five people to send me parts and/or money from business at the show. some of those were three way deals & it really screws things up,,,... help!! .........

...i have been a little under the weather lately, but the hobby helps thru the winter......... tb2

well;;.. i got a rifle off of gun broker last week. price & rifle about average. but,, you know your in trouble when the recuperator is in backwards. it is mismatched but had a walnut stock. also; several armorer parts that i needed. it is an early duv 43.. unfortunately, in order to break even on this rifle, i will probably sell the parts & keep the armorer parts. if i wanted to fix it up & sell, with some of my parts,, the price would be over 5 grand & that just ain't gonna happen.

* also;;.. three times in the last few months there have been items sent to me in round tubes. which take several weeks to arrive. my mailman says those items usually roll off the conveyors and get lost. one never made it at all...

** this was the first year i put my business card in the SOS program. it worked pretty good & have had several contacts due to someone seeing that.

*** and finally;;... from the SOS,,.., i am still waiting for five people to send me parts and/or money from business at the show. some of those were three way deals & it really screws things up,,,... help!! .........

...i have been a little under the weather lately, but the hobby helps thru the winter......... tb2

When you mean mailman I am assuming you are referring to United States Postal Service? On a yearly basis I ship around 6500 lbs through USPS with an average package weight of about 3lbs. Never EVER use tubes with them. Their distribution centers are not equipped to handle narrow and long packages. Usually, these are handled by hand because the postage label barcode cannot be scanned by the automated sorting system when it's rolling all over the place on the conveyor. After awhile of bouncing around from distribution center to distribution center, USPS just sends it to Atlanta where the "lost" mail is stored. After 6 months it's opened and the contents either disposed of or auctioned off. You mentioned one was lost, what delivery service was used? Priority mail? Do you have a tracking number? If so USPS can provide the GPS coordinates within 3 feet of when it was scanned by a USPS system.

Military Rifle Journal
Back