Third Party Press

How to tighten Single Ring Low Turret Mounts?

PZKMPFWGN

Hello kar98 forums!
I am in a little bit of a pickle here.
How on earth do you tighten the solid single piece ring (not the reproduction split ring) low turret mounts once you slide the scope through them?
Mounted is an Original non-reproduction Jena Zielvier.
The scope slides back and forth and can be turned clockwise and counterclockwise with no effort.
I know on the split rings you simply tighten the screws down to create friction, which keeps them from sliding.
I am going to make the wild assumption that it requires soldering or heat treating.

Rifle is a German (non RC) original 43 J.P. Sauer & Sohn, Suhl with a moderate number mismatch resulting in a total of 3 different serial numbers across the whole rifle.
Rifle is intended to be an era accurate shooter copy of a sniper but will never be passed off as an original sniper model.

Last edited:
Hello kar98 forums!
I am in a little bit of a pickle here.
How on earth do you tighten the solid single piece ring (not the reproduction split ring) low turret mounts once you slide the scope through them?
Mounted is an Original non-reproduction Jena Zielvier.
The scope slides back and forth and can be turned clockwise and counterclockwise with no effort.
I know on the split rings you simply tighten the screws down to create friction, which keeps them from sliding.
I am going to make the wild assumption that it requires soldering or heat treating.

Rifle is a German (non RC) original 43 J.P. Sauer & Sohn, Suhl with a moderate number mismatch resulting in a total of 3 different serial numbers across the whole rifle.
Rifle is intended to be an era accurate shooter copy of a sniper but will never be passed off as an original sniper model.

On original Turret Scopes the Rings were Soldered in place . If You do this You need to remove all the inner parts before soldering or You will Damage/Destroy the inner parts/lens . Some people used an Epoxy made by Loctite which works quite well and no need to dismantle/remove the Scopes inner parts .

On original Turret Scopes the Rings were Soldered in place . If You do this You need to remove all the inner parts before soldering or You will Damage/Destroy the inner parts/lens . Some people used an Epoxy made by Loctite which works quite well and no need to dismantle/remove the Scopes inner parts .

Thanks for the response!
Any recommendation on a gunsmith who knows how to handle these things and is capable of doing the scope work?

Military Rifle Journal
Back