Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zf41 on Pre98 Fake numbering on mount

Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar

Default Zf41 on Pre98 Fake numbering on mount

Wanted to point this out as some have asked my opinion on this. I have no doubt the mount numbering is fake. Nice rifle but not worth the asking price.

https://pre98.com/shop/new-arrivals-...ng-very-crisp/

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    Wanted to point this out as some have asked my opinion on this. I have no doubt the mount numbering is fake. Nice rifle but not worth the asking price.

https://pre98.com/shop/new-arrivals-...ng-very-crisp/
    You are correct. That is a nice rifle, but that price is crazy. I know someone who got this same code ZF41 on Gunbroker a couple of years ago for $2800, which was obviously under the radar. No way is any ZF41 worth what Pre98 is asking.

the cursive {A } is a dead give away... I cant really see the #'s but it really doesn't matter...

Don't waste your time trying to inform Scotty as he's smarter then you and wont listen.... I tried to help him on his humped up matching K43 sniper rig.. Never again.

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?405-ar-43-Zf-41

What it should look like. Sorry for the craptastic pics, that was back when I had an early iphone. I have a 5s now
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Craig, yours is a perfect example. Hope you don't mind me sharing better pictures of it. Notice also that Pre98s example doesn't have the serial number on the rings. And Zf41 mounts aren't stamped. Some took an original late war un-numbered mount and numbered it to match.

And for the record, if this was a legit matching rifle then I would pay that price. Matching ZF41s are extremely difficult to find.

ar43 example
    DSC_0121.jpgDSC_0123a.jpg

ar42 example
    IMG_5867a.jpgIMG_5913.jpg

correct. Engraved not stamped and small block letter a not cursive.. that's a copy of a JPS or Berlin lubeck type cursive a. who has the spare time to burst Scotty's bubble ????

It already sold.

Pictures of the rifle. Also, they used the wrong letter prefix on the mount. The rifle is a d block and the mount has an a.
    bcd3-1024x684.jpgbcd4-1024x684.jpgbcd5-1024x684.jpgbcd12-1024x684.jpgbcd15-1024x684.jpg

LOL ... factory error they were in a rush as these were in high demand at the Russian front !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    It already sold.

Pictures of the rifle. Also, they used the wrong letter prefix on the mount. The rifle is a d block and the mount has an a.
    bcd3-1024x684.jpgbcd4-1024x684.jpgbcd5-1024x684.jpgbcd12-1024x684.jpgbcd15-1024x684.jpg
    we are the wrong people you are trying to convince.. Send them to scotty so he can provide a refund to his under educated buyer.

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It looks like it had all the giblets!!!!!

On a more serious note, thanks for posting the correct ones. I never knew either way and nice to see correct ones and what they should look like.

I read or was told that these scopes were for the ones that couldn’t hit crap very well with iron sights so they issued these out to them? I have no idea either way.