Third Party Press

Single Claw Zeiss Scope

It is correct Serial Range for SC and has correct type markings and stop screw on side of dial . Congrats on Great Condition Scope Brian !!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Brian, even from looking at it in detail I can't see something wrong about it. I also like it that your scope has the shortened fixture knob for the elevation adjustment, this is correct for those scopes and a minor details that many miss. I think it is original.

Excellent scope, Brian. Here is your scope's brother, check the serial number - 81364, three off of yours!

Not nearly as good in condition, though. This one is from Romania, and Robert Spielauer refinished the tube and cleaned it, but he left the saddle alone.

Jeff

P.S. The dial is tapped for the stop screw, but it is missing.

Attachments

• DSCF2950.jpg
    DSCF2950.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF2952.JPG
    DSCF2952.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCF2951.JPG
    DSCF2951.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF2953.JPG
    DSCF2953.JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF2954.JPG
    DSCF2954.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I bought this scope on Ebay from a guy that had lots of "junk" for sale about 7-8 years ago. That was the only military item he had. I had him send the scope to Robert and he
sent it to me after restoring it. Interesting to find out the little things like the shortened fixture knob and the stop screw. Never to late to learn.

(I guess Jeff will move his SC up a notch on the rack now.) :laugh:

Regards, Al

Last edited:
That was, indeed, a great find, Dad! It pays to trawl eBay for obscure stuff. But it takes a lot of time.

Jeff

I think Jeff is asking about the serial number range of the scopes, not the rifles they are found on.

Edit: Zeiss scopes used on Single Claws tend to be in the 78,000 to 81,000 serial number range.

Last edited:
Thats OK. I think you take this all too seriously. Help or don’t help I really don’t care.

Last I checked 81,381 is in the 81,000 serial number range.

I see there has been some miscommunication when I said that. I was just joking but can see now that you are serious. :)

Military Rifle Journal
Back