Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BYF 44, Duffle Cut, Ser No. 11682

Default BYF 44, Duffle Cut, Ser No. 11682

Gents. My pal at work just was going through his deceased fathers gun safe and found an "old beat up rifle" (his words) for me to ID. He brought this to work today, and what a find it is.

Numbers matching, no import mark, duffle cut. Pretty cool to find this after many years not even knowing what it was or when his dad picked it up. This is proof that they are still out there waiting to be discovered.

The upper hand guard is cracked in half, and I had to hold it together to take a pic of the serial number inside.

Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice clean textbook example

No letter blocks in 1944 should have full SN on FP & Tg? Looks like a nice rifle tho.

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom H View Post
    No letter blocks in 1944 should have full SN on FP & Tg? Looks like a nice rifle tho.
    If it had milled tg/fp it would have probably had full serial, however if they have the stamped parts like this there is less surface to put the numbers on. this one is fine, textbook example. Nice byf44. !!

A few more pics.

I also found another acceptance stamp under the stock about five inches away from the stamp by the trigger guard. Very hard to see but it's there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mowzerluvr View Post
    If it had milled tg/fp it would have probably had full serial, however if they have the stamped parts like this there is less surface to put the numbers on. this one is fine, textbook example. Nice byf44. !!
    Thanks for the clarification. Everything else looked good. That is a nice find.

Very nice rifle! I really love the looks of white blue stocks, just wish they had the durability.

Yep, nice example. A really nice no letter.

I would be interested in the barrel code and bolt acceptance pics if you have them.
    WTB: Rough milled, blued, unnumbered floor plate as found on late MO rifles. Unnumbered MO bands, both KM and standard type, MO KM stocks including an unaccepted one, MO bands and stock 5897, upper band 0643

A very nice example. I also may have a spare sight hood for your friend I'll have to check.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by jbmauser View Post
    Yep, nice example. A really nice no letter.

I would be interested in the barrel code and bolt acceptance pics if you have them.

- I will take some more pics on Monday when I see it again. Can def. post them.