Third Party Press

BCD 4 Gustloff Sniper

peter98

Hello,

I 'm from Germany, new here and want to show a bcd 4 sniper-rifle from Gustloff-Werke.

The barrel is from "Ruhrstahl AG Witten" and the scope a Dialytan from "Schneider & Co Optische Werke Bad Kreuznach". It is a phosphated rifle, typical for Gustloff 1944.
All numbers are matching.

But I'm not sure if the SS-marking is original.

Here are some pictures, opinions and feedback are always welcome, thank you.

Best regards
Peter

Attachments

• Gewehr 1.jpg
    Gewehr 1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Gewehr 2.jpg
    Gewehr 2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Hülse 1.jpg
    Hülse 1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 175
  • KAmmerstengel + Schlößchen.jpg
    KAmmerstengel + Schlößchen.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Lauf 2.jpg
    Lauf 2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Lauf 1.jpg
    Lauf 1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Montage 1.jpg
    Montage 1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 157
  • Montage 2.jpg
    Montage 2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Optik 3.jpg
    Optik 3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Schaft 3.jpg
    Schaft 3.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 132
Hello Peter. Sorry but that rifle has been re-numbered. Mount is post war. SS Mark looks post war. Hard to say if it has enlarged LSR receiver unless you take it out of stock. Snipers are heavily faked. Sorry. Maybe the barrel is good for a shooter. Hopefully you did not pay too much.

At least the WaA749 on top of the receiver is newly applied. Not sure on the bcd4, but might be the same. The person who did this rifle had a huge stamp collection.

I do not recall ever seeing another K98 Rifle/Sniper with that many Fake War Eagles . God that thing hurts my eyes !!!!!:facepalm:

Ok, thanks to all, fortunately, I can give it back.

But I can not understand that someone fakes a whole rifle, there are enough K98.
The scope looks original for me.

And what kind of rifle is it, a new one, post 1945 without any markings ?

No, it is the owner.
I told him what this forum said to his rifle.
He took it back and put it in egun.
He must know what he will do, everyone can read this here and
the reaction in a german forum was the same like here.

Best regards
Peter

Regarding snipers, I suggest you read "Sniper" by Albrecht Wacker, the second highest sniper in Germany during WW2. He was told before the end of the war to destroy his sniper. He was having to give up to Russians, and they were anxious to kill all snipers. More than kill. Sepp44

Publications from Mr. Wacker are about as useful as a pimple on the butt!

Perfect summation of Wacker`s book . In some respects an a$$ Pimple would be more appealing at least its reality !!!!!!!

Regarding snipers, I suggest you read "Sniper" by Albrecht Wacker, the second highest sniper in Germany during WW2. He was told before the end of the war to destroy his sniper. He was having to give up to Russians, and they were anxious to kill all snipers. More than kill. Sepp44

Are you referring to Josef Allerberger?

Fabricated bcd 4 LSR

The entire rifle is a fabrication, including every inspection stamp and code marking.
Absolutely unreal. Likely a post-war stock as well.

How about the E/135 Waffenamnt for Ruhrstahl! Amazing....and the Mauser Oberndorf E/135 receiver acceptance.

Military Rifle Journal
Back