Third Party Press

Thread: Help pick this apart

Default Help pick this apart

Bought this from a friend for $400. Inspecting....cheap sling. Maybe wrong sight hood. Cleaning rod is repo. Stock is....help me! What is it? I donít think itís right for. 44byf. All metal bits match, down to the firing pin. I think I did well, but any info you have would be appreciated. What do I have here?

Looks like a sporter rescue, replaced stock and bands with all the other parts matching. For that money you did really good.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Stock doesn't look right to me either... The bolt cutout reminds me of Steyr stocks but maybe it's just the angle.

Yeah, the stock is confusing. I've no idea. But for the money, I couldn't say no. Thing is really accurate. Nice trigger. I am pleased. Did not expect it was some grail of originality or super valuable. Supposedly (as reliable as such stories are) it was brought back by an Alabama Army veteran. Alas, who knows? The rifle does not speak.

Keeper of the Def's Head M1903A3's Avatar

It looks to me like you got a great deal! Do the trigger guard and floorplate match too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happily, yes. They do!

Quote Originally Posted by Bramstedt View Post
    Happily, yes. They do!
    Thatís great! Yeah Iíd say you scored big time.

Thanks. I would agree. Gave up on buying firearms. But, people know my interest and bring them to me. Really, not complaining. Like a cigarette, always having the "last one." But wait....you want how much for this? Fell into a FEG Hi Power for next to nothing a few days ago. Can't not. Right? Ah! Houston...we have a problem! Of the best type.

Yep itís an addiction all right and youíve found a great pool of co-addicts and ďenablers!Ē

Spice of life! The wish list is shorter....C96. But always up for a P08 or K98. Thanks for enabling. Really, encouragement is hardly needed. Was at a 100 yard range with my Garand. Guy next to me had a 1903. We smiled at each other. Old guy. He muttered "You've just begun.......keep at it." as he left. Wonder what he has tucked away in the closet. Everyone else had ar15 stuff and the odd hunting rifle. Was a neat moment.