Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G-K43 Stock and Trade Question

Default G-K43 Stock and Trade Question

Greetings, I only have this one picture from my friend who put a down payment on this G43, "dated 44, he is not a German collecting and only noticed the date not manufacturer". He knows from the seller the butt plate was reattached for whatever reason somewhere along the line but that is the only thing wrong with it. It comes with the correct 4x German Scope, cezk scope mount, scope box, sling and three mags. He's paying$3,000. My question is that a responsible price for what is listed aslong as it all checks out, can the butt plate be fitted better? Also is it worth a trade of an all maching byf 44 and Rem 1917 with Eagle Heads stamps? I'll post more pictures on Tuesday when he gets the rifle in hand. Thanks for your time and in put.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your friend needs to get his down payment back. That stock is in the area of the B/P is a mess.

So what is wrong with the stock that makes it so bad other than the butt plate is un-centered, do you think the stock was also sanded and varnished? Also what is B/P? Thanks Waffen, he has till Tuesday to back out.

Someone probably cut that stock back and put a recoil pad on it, then tried to go back. That thing is messed up for that kind of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

So what is a responsible price for the rifle, thanks again guys.

move on! your friend needs his deposit back

Default Not such a bad deal

I'm not so sure it's a terrible deal. Consider the going rate for the other items: scope $600+; mount $150+; 2 mags @ $275 = $550+; scope box ? $250? totals up to at least $1550. That leaves the rifle itself for $1450, which isn't too bad even if the stock is a mess. It might be repaired by someone with expertise. The caveat: to properly value the rifle would mean seeing some very good pictures. It could be a wreck or a gem.
    Last edited by Montana7184; 04-07-2019 at 01:31 PM. Reason: typo

I'm on the side of 7184, I will have my friend send me better pictures before he pulls the trigger and feild strip it to insure matching numbers. But where can you buy a decent G 43 for 3k?

Really hard to say based on one pic, the two extra mags may be repro? They look slab sided or something, and of course the butt area is a major issue which effects price...

But, if the scope is real, the rubber eyecup and scope cover is good, he says its a Czech mount, but original Czech mounts are worth some bucks...the scope can...

A lot of if's...and a hard one fir someone who doesn't know what he is looking at to know whether to pull the trigger or not...

Assuming everything is good, and the gun matches, I'd beat them down to maybe $2500, and pull the trigger...

The stock MAY be able to be fixed, or possibly find a replacement....

But again, no way to say based on one pic...

Any way to get the serial number (with the letter block) and manufacturer; ac44, duv44? Who knows, I may have history on the rifle as I keep a serial number data base on these. If I don’t have it, it will make a good addition to it.

I’d agree that the stock is pretty bad. Someone definitely shortened it, then put something to add length to it, then put the butt plate on it. I’ll bet your friend will want this as a shooter. So, if that’s the case, he will need a shooter’s kit to tame the recoil. If not, the recoil will eventually make this rifle self destruct. The ammo is different now and the metal used to make the rifle was not made well due to shortages of material that late in the war. Might want to check the back of the receiver to make sure it’s not “bowing” or cracked. Check the bolt carrier too for cracks.