Third Party Press

Thread: Recent Addition Chilean Model 1935

Default Recent Addition Chilean Model 1935

My 2nd venture into the plethora of South American Mausers netted me this from my last Gun Club Swap Meet. I just could not resist the fit and finish. Turns out from what I now read that this was indeed a good catch. All matching as far as I can see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Additional Pictures

Additional Pictures of the 1935

Very nice. I have a couple Chilean Model 1935's. The fit and finish is incredible. Same thing with the blue and the stocks. It's hard to believe that anyone ever would have schlepped these to the woods. I would be curious to know what it would cost a manufacturer to recreate this now. I would bet that in today's dollars it would be very expensive to produce.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

Yeah these carbines are really a work of art. I love the fire bluing on these South American Mausers, they're just absolutely gorgeous.

In my personal opinion. If a high-end firearms company made something like this today my guess it would cost you probably $4,000-$5,000 or more. And would it be just as good and quality? I don't think so.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

These are definitely a thing of beauty and I've often dreamed of getting one but I have never seen one for sale up here.
    WTB: Rough milled, blued, unnumbered floor plate as found on late MO rifles. Unnumbered MO bands, both KM and standard type, MO KM stocks including an unaccepted one, MO bands and stock 5897, upper band 0643

Quote Originally Posted by Pisgah View Post
    Very nice. I have a couple Chilean Model 1935's. The fit and finish is incredible. Same thing with the blue and the stocks. It's hard to believe that anyone ever would have schlepped these to the woods. I would be curious to know what it would cost a manufacturer to recreate this now. I would bet that in today's dollars it would be very expensive to produce.
    I’ve heard an original style Mauser 98 action itself is/would be around 3500 to make today, not to mention the entire rest of the rifle. There is a German company that still builds the original style action, I believe they are the maker for “Mauser” these days.

A modern company would cnc all the parts from solid, and not forge them into blanks first.
    Actually I am the master of REAL information! Cartoon characters like you have no real arguments.
    - ShooterIke at gunboards

Gorgeous! I've never been terribly into South American contract Mausers but a nice Model 1935 Chilean is def one I wouldn't mind picking up someday!

I too love these Chilean Police carbines too... and still have SN 142, which has a dated & numbered sling. These guns are one of the best Mauser made IMO. They only numbered slings on the first 200 or so... and only made 10K in the contract.

email => K98@bobinohio.com