Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1934 S/147/k sn 817

Default 1934 S/147/k sn 817

Just to prove how serious I am about doing this early war book, I've started a small letter block collection- mainly the G and K letters.

Here's a recent aquisition, and probably tough to find. This makes a set of S/147/k rifles for me, and fits perfect with the book Bruce and I are working on, especially since I am doing the JP Sauer chapters.

This is a great example of an all matching early S/147/k - note the differences as compared by photo to sn 4724. Both are RFV marked guns, both are similar condition. Also, notice the Wa49 proofs on this one. I actually expected it to have a different first position proof due to the fact that it doesn't appear that JP Sauer made receivers- this one doesn't prove that out. The whole Wa49 discussion is another subject, but this might be a good time to start that discussion. There are several guys on here that have been following that for a lot longer than me, so this rifle should give them some good info. Here are the pics! The last 2 are comparison photos to sn 4724.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mrfarb; 03-27-2010 at 10:31 AM.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

On these early K dates, are the receivers usually balnk on top, or were there different versions of the mark applied, depending on the serial#?
    I ask this due to the two RC's I spotted that differed by one appearing to be hand-stamped, and the other appearing as these pictured.

I think they were all hand stamped myself- both of mine look hand stamped. Notice that the earlier one has the code inline, while the later one has the K underneath.

Can you send me the pics of the RC's you saw, if you have them? I'd be interested- or post them here!

I wish I had pics of both- one has already sold- it had almost a 'typewriter' font, while the other has the S147K (similar script font as yours) across the top of the receiver ring. I may try to get to the shop for pics today- I'll post them if I do.

Please do- the S/147/G is usually across the top (save for the first batch) and all S/147/k I have seen were on the side. Get the serial while you are there.

You have 2???
    I am jealous.
    I love the finish on these guns, beautiful.

Man that is a beautiful rifle Mike. Love the pic of both together

Default early sauer

Farb, I have a no letter block s/147-1937 very nice. If you need an example to view.

I have posted it before I have a sweet S147K stock set if intrested in markings serial 1296 RFV marked almost identical to 817 stock. if not worth post just thought i would ask. mine seems to be a legit ZF41 later upgraded rifle.

later
    vaughn

Vaughn, post it in this thread! Bruce has an RFV study in the Mauser section- you should report it there with the serial.