Third Party Press

1934 S/147/k sn 817

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Just to prove how serious I am about doing this early war book, I've started a small letter block collection- mainly the G and K letters. :happy0180:

Here's a recent aquisition, and probably tough to find. This makes a set of S/147/k rifles for me, and fits perfect with the book Bruce and I are working on, especially since I am doing the JP Sauer chapters.

This is a great example of an all matching early S/147/k - note the differences as compared by photo to sn 4724. Both are RFV marked guns, both are similar condition. Also, notice the Wa49 proofs on this one. I actually expected it to have a different first position proof due to the fact that it doesn't appear that JP Sauer made receivers- this one doesn't prove that out. The whole Wa49 discussion is another subject, but this might be a good time to start that discussion. There are several guys on here that have been following that for a lot longer than me, so this rifle should give them some good info. Here are the pics! The last 2 are comparison photos to sn 4724.

Attachments

• 817code.JPG
    817code.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 447
  • serial.JPG
    serial.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 432
  • rside.jpg
    rside.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 479
  • lside.jpg
    lside.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 329
  • 817wrist.jpg
    817wrist.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 293
  • barrel.JPG
    barrel.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 274
  • bolt.JPG
    bolt.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 299
  • fband.JPG
    fband.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 250
  • fplate.JPG
    fplate.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 229
  • rband.JPG
    rband.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 231
  • release.JPG
    release.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 216
  • rfv.JPG
    rfv.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 283
  • stock.JPG
    stock.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 229
  • tguard.jpg
    tguard.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 4724code.jpg
    4724code.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 4724wrist.jpg
    4724wrist.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
On these early K dates, are the receivers usually balnk on top, or were there different versions of the mark applied, depending on the serial#?
I ask this due to the two RC's I spotted that differed by one appearing to be hand-stamped, and the other appearing as these pictured.

I think they were all hand stamped myself- both of mine look hand stamped. Notice that the earlier one has the code inline, while the later one has the K underneath.

Can you send me the pics of the RC's you saw, if you have them? I'd be interested- or post them here!

I wish I had pics of both- one has already sold- it had almost a 'typewriter' font, while the other has the S147K (similar script font as yours) across the top of the receiver ring. I may try to get to the shop for pics today- I'll post them if I do.

Please do- the S/147/G is usually across the top (save for the first batch) and all S/147/k I have seen were on the side. Get the serial while you are there. :)

early sauer

Farb, I have a no letter block s/147-1937 very nice. If you need an example to view.

I have posted it before I have a sweet S147K stock set if intrested in markings serial 1296 RFV marked almost identical to 817 stock. if not worth post just thought i would ask. mine seems to be a legit ZF41 later upgraded rifle.

later
vaughn

Vaughn, post it in this thread! Bruce has an RFV study in the Mauser section- you should report it there with the serial.

if you are doing a sn study i have acouple for you.
147 -9149 mm non rc
s/147/g code on top mm non rc 4292 with * between sn on barrel and reciever

Just to prove how serious I am about doing this early war book, I've started a small letter block collection- mainly the G and K letters. :happy0180:

Here's a recent aquisition, and probably tough to find. This makes a set of S/147/k rifles for me, and fits perfect with the book Bruce and I are working on, especially since I am doing the JP Sauer chapters.

This is a great example of an all matching early S/147/k - note the differences as compared by photo to sn 4724. Both are RFV marked guns, both are similar condition. Also, notice the Wa49 proofs on this one. I actually expected it to have a different first position proof due to the fact that it doesn't appear that JP Sauer made receivers- this one doesn't prove that out. The whole Wa49 discussion is another subject, but this might be a good time to start that discussion. There are several guys on here that have been following that for a lot longer than me, so this rifle should give them some good info. Here are the pics! The last 2 are comparison photos to sn 4724.

So are You telling us You are an early War Collector now !!!!!!!!!!!! If so just send those Romanian Capture K98 to my house I will pay for Shipping .

Have you notified Claus Espeholt about your S/147/K and its WaA49?
Sauer is not on his current list.
Beautiful rifles!!!!!!
Thanks!

Ogtree

S/147/k

Nice rifle :biggrin1:
Regards,
Joe V.

Military Rifle Journal
Back