Third Party Press

Thread: RC BNZ 4 Single Rune??

Default RC BNZ 4 Single Rune??

Hello!

I am new to the forum so go easy!

I have the chance to purchase this BNZ 44 with what looks like a single rune with the typical RC "X" over it. Is this right or is the rune a fake? Even if it is a fake, its still at a good price for a RC 98k.57121041_2305762709474216_6921134132995031040_n.jpg

Thanks,
    Alex

Hard to see Rune, because of X. Looks funny. What’s the full serial?

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    Hard to see Rune, because of X. Looks funny. What’s the full serial?
    Not sure as the other photos aren't very detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by selig33 View Post
    Not sure as the other photos aren't very detailed.
    OK. May or may not be a single rune. If serial has a letter block it definitely is not a single rune. If it does not have a letter block then it is possibly one, but that rune is masked by the X. That would be a red flag to me and I would not buy it. It could be a no letter block BNZ someone faked. BNZ is not my specialty, so I would not buy for the reasons I have mentioned. Some guys here specialize in these and I'm sure can add more info. Russian captures never really excited me either. Save your money for a bolt mis-match.

OK. May or may not be a single rune. If serial has a letter block it definitely is not a single rune. If it does not have a letter block then it is possibly one, but that rune is masked by the X. That would be a red flag to me and I would not buy it. It could be a no letter block BNZ someone faked. BNZ is not my specialty, so I would not buy for the reasons I have mentioned. Some guys here specialize in these and I'm sure can add more info. Russian captures never really excited me either. Save your money for a bolt mis-match.
    Even if it is a fake, its a good price for a Russian capture so i'll still buy it. Not really into matching 98k's anyway, too expensive lol

I guess when your new it does not really matter. I would not pay much. When you go to sell it make it hard to explain away issues. It sounds like you made up your mind before you ask. I hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by selig33 View Post
    Even if it is a fake, its a good price for a Russian capture so i'll still buy it. Not really into matching 98k's anyway, too expensive lol

What is a good price for the RC's these days?

I guess when your new it does not really matter. I would not pay much. When you go to sell it make it hard to explain away issues. It sounds like you made up your mind before you ask. I hope it works out for you.
    This is my 2nd 98k. I'm also only trading a Mauser 1934 pistol (commercial variant) for it. And of course id explain the issues with it if i ever did sell it, i was just asking opinions on this marking, i don't care if its a fake or not, its still a K98.