Third Party Press

RC BNZ 4 Single Rune??

selig33

Hello!

I am new to the forum so go easy!

I have the chance to purchase this BNZ 44 with what looks like a single rune with the typical RC "X" over it. Is this right or is the rune a fake? Even if it is a fake, its still at a good price for a RC 98k.57121041_2305762709474216_6921134132995031040_n.jpg

Thanks,
Alex

Not sure as the other photos aren't very detailed.

OK. May or may not be a single rune. If serial has a letter block it definitely is not a single rune. If it does not have a letter block then it is possibly one, but that rune is masked by the X. That would be a red flag to me and I would not buy it. It could be a no letter block BNZ someone faked. BNZ is not my specialty, so I would not buy for the reasons I have mentioned. Some guys here specialize in these and I'm sure can add more info. Russian captures never really excited me either. Save your money for a bolt mis-match.

OK. May or may not be a single rune. If serial has a letter block it definitely is not a single rune. If it does not have a letter block then it is possibly one, but that rune is masked by the X. That would be a red flag to me and I would not buy it. It could be a no letter block BNZ someone faked. BNZ is not my specialty, so I would not buy for the reasons I have mentioned. Some guys here specialize in these and I'm sure can add more info. Russian captures never really excited me either. Save your money for a bolt mis-match.

Even if it is a fake, its a good price for a Russian capture so i'll still buy it. Not really into matching 98k's anyway, too expensive lol

I guess when your new it does not really matter. I would not pay much. When you go to sell it make it hard to explain away issues. It sounds like you made up your mind before you ask. I hope it works out for you.

I guess when your new it does not really matter. I would not pay much. When you go to sell it make it hard to explain away issues. It sounds like you made up your mind before you ask. I hope it works out for you.

This is my 2nd 98k. I'm also only trading a Mauser 1934 pistol (commercial variant) for it. And of course id explain the issues with it if i ever did sell it, i was just asking opinions on this marking, i don't care if its a fake or not, its still a K98.

Military Rifle Journal
Back