Third Party Press

Thread: Stumped

Forum Newbie

Default Stumped

Hello, I am new to this forum, and I really enjoy collecting the various Mausers that are out there, regardless of where they are from. I have picked one up that seems to be a mishmash of different parts. The front band, and trigger guard seem to be of the Gewehr type. So does the second band which is incorrect as it sits under the rifle as opposed to the side slung one. The rear sling attachment is different as well. The rear sight is only graduated in three distances. It is stamped BCD 43, and many of the numbers match. However the stock is a mystery to me. It looks like some sort of aftermarket stock, but not the Mauser style with the relief on the right side along side the bolt handle, and no firing pin hole. I would love to get some input as to what others think, as I am at an amateur status at this. I have a Mauser correct stock, and I was thinking of making this rifle into a correct configuration.

Thank You all in advance for any thoughts on this, as I am very interested in learning as much as I possibly can. I am posting pictures of course as well.

Lou
    Chumngetit
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Newbie

Default Additional pics

I've been on another forum and it was suggested to post here. It says BCD, but with possible WG parts. Barrel is 23 3/4 and the bolt will close on an 8mm round
    Attached Images Attached Images