Third Party Press

Thread: New G Appel 1937 cleaning kit

Default New G Appel 1937 cleaning kit

I usually donít buy the tinned kits, but couldnít pass this up. I donít think Iíve seen a kit this early so complete and in nearly new condition save for the patina of 70+ years. The brushes have never been used, spoon is so shiny it looks brand new. No waffenamt but I donít get the feeling this is Portuguese, came out of Slovenia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

A very nice and matching Rg34. I think also that it's not a Portuguese kit. No WaA may indicate only that's commercial manufacture. I have observed some kits without WaA on the tin but with a serial number of the rifle engraved.

Antoni
    http://rg34.blogspot.com.es/

Very nice kit indeed. Most Appel (or any other) kits I see from this time period are in poor condition, partially complete, and/or rarely have more than one or two correct components. Will use this as a segue to a related observation on a Appel kit I recently saw for sale. It was "64" coded and WaA accepted. I noticed the number code on the tin lid was a sharp, die-struck one and not the typical impressed type (which the numerals appear wider with rounded edges). Don't think I had seen this before, so guess it was a interim variant until the stamping die was made to impress the code when the tin lid was formed. Lastly, speaking of stampings, the pictured HKW was also recently sold with a mixed RG34. There were a number of bidders on this kit, and it was apparent to me the tool was the main attraction...
    Attached Images Attached Images