Third Party Press
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Germanic Script S Stamp. Early SS mark?

Keeper of the Def's Head M1903A3's Avatar

Default Germanic Script S Stamp. Early SS mark?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkel View Post
    Totally ebay that shit bro, but Jesus toast is better. Yes it does look like a pirate one. Maybe it is a figment of my imagination. Thanks for making me Sauer Sohn. That makes SSense to me.
    I color enhanced and Instagram filtered that toast using the “Sküllenwerfer” filter and got this:

What is the provenance of that there toast?? Fresh out of a big collection??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by M1903A3 View Post
    Now what might THAT be??? ......

Depot rifle, road trip to check it out tomorrow. Bolt m/m.
    smarka.jpgsmarkb.jpg

Keeper of the Def's Head M1903A3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mowzerluvr View Post
    smarka.jpgsmarkb.jpg
    SWEET!! I hope it’s all good and that you score it.

Quote Originally Posted by M1903A3 View Post
    I color enhanced and Instagram filtered that toast using the “Sküllenwerfer” filter and got this:

What is the provenance of that there toast?? Fresh out of a big collection??

“Sküllenwerfer” filter. Now I needa get me one of those. I ended up having to have Mettwurst and cheese on Toast after trying to google a comeback. I'll need 6 trillion gigapixels before anyone online will be able to see the skull clearly. As even the Waffenamt with Waa63 is near impossible to see. I've been using a Jewelers magnifier to follow the lines. It wasn't sold with a huge backstory or anything. As for the Double punch I know what you mean, but they both seem to be equally deep Although you'd need a pretty good eye to purposely double stamp that close. Not having any similar stamps to compare it to doesn't help. What's your take on the one on the Bolt? Is it a scaled down version of the one under the Receiver? Coz that sucker is tiny and the 214 is only just lightly stamped, Then it has imperial proofs on the same parts, I've got the books on the way so perhaps i'll have to wait to read em... online searching is just useless. About the only thing Bing can find is Google. Although I did manage to educate myself on the K167 On parts of the bolt. And found out there's a Waffenamt WTF that exists found on German ordinance. Lol. They're either Unknown or found on Fuses. There were a few others that made me laugh. Good timing for the Toast being Easter n all.

Default New pics of skull with ss runes

So I went out in the sunlight to try get a better pic of my imaginary ''Toast Skull'' and look what I snapped! There is a skull with an ''X'' And an SS Runic style to the right that seems to be part of the x, with what appears to be a downward pointing Arrow?. Either I have a great imagination or i'm looking at something here. Could the ''Y'' Under the Receiver be a Toten or Leben Rune? Keep in mind I smeared enough oil on this rifle to protect it for 1000yrs back in 2012. The oil is finally soaking in and or fading allowing for better pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Funkel; 04-22-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mowzerluvr View Post
    smarka.jpgsmarkb.jpg
    How'd you go, Did you end up buying it?

How'd you go, Did you end up buying it?
    I did, it should be here today.

Killa. Got a decent bore? How much u pick it up for?

Killa. Got a decent bore? How much u pick it up for?
    It has yet to arrive, the tracking number indicates that it's "out for delivery".

Default Link to vid

So I went out in the sunlight to try get a better pic of my imaginary ''Toast Skull'' and look what I snapped! There is a skull with an ''X'' And an SS Runic style to the right that seems to be part of the x, with what appears to be a downward pointing Arrow?. Either I have a great imagination or i'm looking at something here. Could the ''Y'' Under the Receiver be a Toten or Leben Rune? Keep in mind I smeared enough oil on this rifle to protect it for 1000yrs back in 2012. The oil is finally soaking in and or fading allowing for better pics.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gMabCxMsQY I'll get it back out and make another video so everyone can get a decent look and voice their opinion. I'd never noticed the runes and arrow till last week.