Third Party Press

Thread: Luftwaffe Pilots License for BF-109 Pilot....

Default Luftwaffe Pilots License for BF-109 Pilot....

I don't think I ever posted this, and its a pretty neat piece...it is a Luft Pilots License for a BF-109 G6 pilot, Alfons Kolbe, who was a gefreiter and KIA in Denmark on January 14th, 1945....

It seems he was a new pilot, and doesn't seem to have much experience, maybe why he was KIA in bad weather on a ferry flight.

It appears he was operationally qualified in the BF-109 G6, and was assigned to JG-5...I printed out the information on his crash and a picture of his grave...

He certainly appeared to have trained in a lot of various training aircraft....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice pilot license!

Flight accidents are rather common in the Luftwaffe during WW2 and many pilot lost his life in a crash that wasn't combat related.

The BF.109 with its narrow undercarriage was notorious for takeoff and landing crashes. More 109s were lost in accidents than combat.

t
    The Universe is Change, Life is Opinion. Emperor Marcus Aurelius, A.D. 173
    Bun-San 2009-2017

Kolbe was not only qualified to fly the Me 109 but also the Focke-Wulf Fw 56 Stösser. The Fw 56 was a trainer, first rolled out in 1933, powered by the famous 240hp Argus As 10C inverted V8 engine also used in the Fieseler Storch STOL plane and the equally famous Messerschmitt Bf 108 "Taifun".