Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CE 44 all matching and original, where to sell and value

Default CE 44 all matching and original, where to sell and value

Iím hoping to get some advice from forum members. I have a Mauser 98 marked CE 44 with serial number 8368 throughout. This rifle was taken home after the war by my wifeís grandfather. He was a WW2 vet. He didnít use the rifle at all. I obtained the rifle after he passed away in the late 80ís. I checked and cleaned the bore then I shot about 20 rounds through the rifle, it functioned flawlessly. I took the rifle to a local antique firearms dealer and he advised that I do not use the rifle because itís a 100% original matching number rifle with the original finish on the stock. Iíve kept the rifle well preserved ever since. The bore is exceptional and all the numbers that I can find do match. I do not collect antique firearms and feel it would be best to sell it to someone who would appreciate it. I was hoping for advice on how to sell the rifle. Does it get verified or would I list it on gun broker or is there another place that I would sell it. I was able to attach a few photos, however, it would not allow me to attach all of them. Thank you in advance for the advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome! Wherever you decide to sell it the more detailed pictures you have the better. Take pictures of every single serial number you can find. Ive seen really nice rifles sell for real cheap because people didnt take good photographs of what they had. From the few pictures you have shown it looks like a correct rifle so far. Others may be able to bring my insight on the subject.

John.

Noreasta, it would be good to simply listed it here and sell it. Gunbroker is hit and miss. You'll need to post some good pics of the various parts but you'll get top dollar here, good solid guys to deal with, no auction lookieloos and problems and no fee. Glad to help if you have any questions and can up your member status so you can post in the trader. I already have a very nice ce 44 and I don't buy to resell.
    ďNot every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.Ē - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Thank you for the info. When I go to post the images it says the file is to large, grrr

Additional photos. It only allows two at a time

More photos

And more photos

Posting these like this is a pain

And more of them

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Noreasta, it would be good to simply listed it here and sell it. Gunbroker is hit and miss. You'll need to post some good pics of the various parts but you'll get top dollar here, good solid guys to deal with, no auction lookieloos and problems and no fee. Glad to help if you have any questions and can up your member status so you can post in the trader. I already have a very nice ce 44 and I don't buy to resell.
    Hambone, I had no idea there was an auction on this forum. I appreciate the advice and would rather deal with a real collector here and have no bs.