Third Party Press

Reproduction ZF4 scope question

Does anyone have any experience with the reproduction scope and mount, sold by Waffenmeister? I would like to get a scope for my G43 but $500+ is a lot to spend, to find out if it's a pos or not.

I don’t know about their products but most reproduction mounts, when bought new, need a little work with a file to coerce them to fit correctly. I suspect the scope you are referring to is a new repro and probably from Meopta or similar and should be fine considering the cost. Others will chime in on the scope but I have no experience with the “new” zf4s but I do with repro mounts and every one has needed to be filed a bit to fit properly. It’s not hard to do— you usually just have the file the internal dovetail of the mount to fit. Easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know about their products but most reproduction mounts, when bought new, need a little work with a file to coerce them to fit correctly. I suspect the scope you are referring to is a new repro and probably from Meopta or similar and should be fine considering the cost. Others will chime in on the scope but I have no experience with the “new” zf4s but I do with repro mounts and every one has needed to be filed a bit to fit properly. It’s not hard to do— you usually just have the file the internal dovetail of the mount to fit. Easy!

Rather than using a file to make them fit I have taken two of my repro mounts apart and use the wedge of a chisel to carefully open up the slot,if done gently it won't leave a mark.

His repro mounts for the ZF4 generally fit well. 9/10 original rails, trust me...I've tried. Only has them with fake Waa 214. Bands are nice, screws for the dowels slightly off and one friend broke a screw trying to tighten it too much.
Reasonable and affordable 'repro' IMHO.

Don't know about the scopes.

I'm planning on getting a mount with scope at some point as well. I'm not aware of many options of manufacturers to choose from. I kind of feel like it might be one of those read the reviews types of situations.

I'm planning on getting a mount with scope at some point as well. I'm not aware of many options of manufacturers to choose from. I kind of feel like it might be one of those read the reviews types of situations.

Just got mine in the mail.

Very nice reproduction nice clear lens, and nice blued finish on the scope. It fit my G43 side rail like a glove, no issue at all.

Tn34lXRl.jpg

Just got mine in the mail.

Very nice reproduction nice clear lens, and nice blued finish on the scope. It fit my G43 side rail like a glove, no issue at all.

Tn34lXRl.jpg

The rig doesn't look right. The elevation knob should be in the middle of the mount, the scope has to go 1/2" forward.

The rig doesn't look right. The elevation knob should be in the middle of the mount, the scope has to go 1/2" forward.

Yes, he is correct in that the scope isn’t positioned correctly. It’s obvious how it fits or should fit. The forward groove of the scope should rest in the forward groove in the mount.
d26e4e393545ecfb1eabd0c436228044.jpg

Yeah I more then likely don’t have it lined up correctly.

Never mounted one of these in my life, and there isn’t exactly instructions on how they line up. Unlike a modern scope.

Repro ZF4

Does anyone have any experience with the reproduction scope and mount, sold by Waffenmeister? I would like to get a scope for my G43 but $500+ is a lot to spend, to find out if it's a pos or not.
I just recently bought the whole kit and I was very pleased with it. At first my mount didn't slide on my rail very well. I applied a little petroleum jelly and it slipped right on the rail...a perfect fit. No filing or anyting. This last Friday I took my rifle out to the range and per instructions that I got from Waffenmeister, l my lined up my iron sights to the target and looked through the scope. Windage was off to the left, and as I went to adjust the windage, the windage adjustment screw failed. I reached out to him and he is sending me a replacement scope. He stands by his products, and that is very honorable. I think his setup is a perfect complement to the rifle without having to break the bank. I can't afford $2,000 for an original one, but $500 for a brand new repro that looks correct is okay with me.

Military Rifle Journal
Back