Third Party Press

Thread: Reproduction ZF4 scope question

Default Reproduction ZF4 scope question

Does anyone have any experience with the reproduction scope and mount, sold by Waffenmeister? I would like to get a scope for my G43 but $500+ is a lot to spend, to find out if it's a pos or not.

I don’t know about their products but most reproduction mounts, when bought new, need a little work with a file to coerce them to fit correctly. I suspect the scope you are referring to is a new repro and probably from Meopta or similar and should be fine considering the cost. Others will chime in on the scope but I have no experience with the “new” zf4s but I do with repro mounts and every one has needed to be filed a bit to fit properly. It’s not hard to do— you usually just have the file the internal dovetail of the mount to fit. Easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burke View Post
    I don’t know about their products but most reproduction mounts, when bought new, need a little work with a file to coerce them to fit correctly. I suspect the scope you are referring to is a new repro and probably from Meopta or similar and should be fine considering the cost. Others will chime in on the scope but I have no experience with the “new” zf4s but I do with repro mounts and every one has needed to be filed a bit to fit properly. It’s not hard to do— you usually just have the file the internal dovetail of the mount to fit. Easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rather than using a file to make them fit I have taken two of my repro mounts apart and use the wedge of a chisel to carefully open up the slot,if done gently it won't leave a mark.

His repro mounts for the ZF4 generally fit well. 9/10 original rails, trust me...I've tried. Only has them with fake Waa 214. Bands are nice, screws for the dowels slightly off and one friend broke a screw trying to tighten it too much.
    Reasonable and affordable 'repro' IMHO.

Don't know about the scopes.

I'm planning on getting a mount with scope at some point as well. I'm not aware of many options of manufacturers to choose from. I kind of feel like it might be one of those read the reviews types of situations.