Third Party Press

Thread: Questions byf 43

Default Questions byf 43

Would a byf 43 Mauser have a walnut stock? Iím hoping to purchase a matching numbers rifle. But after recent advents Iím kind of cautious. I didnít know the faking numbers was such a problem. Which sucks for someone like me. What questions should I ask the seller? How do you know if the numbers have be faked? Iím not an expert but I want to add a K98k to my collection. I want an early and late rifle. I donít care to pay up but I do want the real deal. Any guidance would be deeply appreciated. Thanks for any help. You can pm if you would like?

Yes, a byf43 could have a walnut stock.

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....lock-in-walnut

Comparing the rifle to ones in the pic sticky is a good start. Posting pics of it here or asking a member for help is another good idea if you`re not sure what to look for. Pics of all the serial numbers is a good start to authenticating it.
    WTB: Rough milled, blued, unnumbered floor plate as found on late MO rifles. Unnumbered MO bands, both KM and standard type, MO KM stocks including an unaccepted one, MO bands and stock 5897, upper band 0643

Keeper of the Def's Head M1903A3's Avatar

I agree with the above. If you can get extensive, clear pictures of it and post them here you will get some good advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk