Third Party Press

Maschinenpistole 44 (MP 44) Manual - East German?

Steve87

Big Sexy Steve (not gay)
Hi,

I came across this MP 44 manual I acquired somewhere, I think it may be original but not WWII. Is this a genuine East German MP 44 manual and does it have any value? I plan on listing it for sale but wanted to post it here first for a review of what exactly it is. I would imagine it's probably not worth too much?

Cheers,
-Stve

Attachments

• HAB_3430.jpg
    HAB_3430.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 45
  • HAB_3431.jpg
    HAB_3431.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 46
  • HAB_3432.jpg
    HAB_3432.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 36
  • HAB_3433.jpg
    HAB_3433.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 33
  • HAB_3434.jpg
    HAB_3434.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 23
Looks fto me for all the world to be a copy/reprint of a WH manual. The use of frakturschrift changed late in the war. In addition to the office and date of issuance, it does not have the font or usual printer data that I have seen on DDR documents of the time. Especially for use by KvP or other internal security units. They would have issued it under their name, not reissued it under the original 3R name.

Looks fto me for all the world to be a copy/reprint of a WH manual. The use of frakturschrift changed late in the war. In addition to the office and date of issuance, it does not have the font or usual printer data that I have seen on DDR documents of the time. Especially for use by KvP or other internal security units. They would have issued it under their name, not reissued it under the original 3R name.

Thanks. I suppose it's likely just a re-print in that case. I've had it a while and couldn't figure it out, maybe it was even made to be a 'fake' in attempt to trick collectors. I will toss it in with my other re-printed and post war manuals for sale.

Cheers,
-Steve

Military Rifle Journal
Back