Third Party Press

Early BSW DSM

Parkerswede

Had a chance to buy this today. Probably should have. Small Simson S in triangle on underside of stock. Really nice! dj

Attachments

• BSW1.jpg
    BSW1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 41
  • BSW2.jpg
    BSW2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 45
  • BSW3.jpg
    BSW3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 36
  • BSW4.jpg
    BSW4.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 58
  • BSW5.jpg
    BSW5.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 63
  • BSW6.jpg
    BSW6.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 57
That is one nice looking rifle. Trying to complete my DSM-34 set. Still need a few variants from Suhl and Geco plus some unicorns. This is what I have.

1. Mauser Early
2. Mauser Late
3. Mauser Late
4. Greenheart
5. Greenheart
6. Menz
7. Weihraugh
8. Erma
9. Walther D
10. Geco Early
11. Geco Late
12. Geco Late
13. Paatz
14. Simson.
15. Simson
16. BSW(Large Letter)
17. BSW(Circle)
18. BSW(Circle)
19. Suhl (No Year)
20. Suhl 1935
21. Suhl 1935
22. JGA

Very nice! That’s a nice collection! I still wouldn’t say I collect them, just pick them up in passing haha.

Man, that thing is NICE!

Not my cup of tea, but sweet, good score Clay!

If Clay is a prowlin' you better jump on it, he is a gun bloodhound and quick on the trigger!

:happy0180:

Last edited:
Waited a couple of hours and decided to call. Left a message. Called back and they said it literally sold it 5 minutes earlier. Probably just as well. Just bought a couple of full-stocked Swedish rolling blocks. Glad you got it. Am curious if the side is double-stamped or just a trick of photography. Best. dj

Ahh very nice! I sent an email at 1am saying I’d buy it, didn’t get a chance to call until the afternoon.

I sure do love those greenhearts! Would love to find one some day, passed on one a couple years ago and keep thinking back on it haha.

Long barreled rolling blocks or the short full stock? Awesome rifles! Picked up a Swede fsr on there last week too :happy0180:

Also I think it is double stamped for sure which I thought was very cool.

KKW: Just curious. Mine is duffle-cut but missing front barrel band, stock piece and stacking rod. It is Hitler Jugend marked which is interesting. Like yours, the only one I have ever seen. Best. dj

KKW: Just curious. Mine is duffle-cut but missing front barrel band, stock piece and stacking rod. It is Hitler Jugend marked which is interesting. Like yours, the only one I have ever seen. Best. dj

Later on today I will start a new thread and post my pictures. I would like to see pictures of yours as well, especially the HJ Marking.

Nice grab Fly. You don't see many of these in that condition. Was this one the one you saw at Tulsa?

Enough is enough we need to have a Sticky: Picture Reference Index for trainers. Make it happen!

Nice grab Fly. You don't see many of these in that condition.

You're killing me. 1am?? Dibs if you decide to move it? Still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger first on that killer JGA months ago.

..Enough is enough we need to have a Sticky: Picture Reference Index for trainers. Make it happen!

Yeah I think you're right. How are us noobs ever going to get up to speed? Looks like several members have a wide range of makers and variants. Showcase em!

Had a chance to buy this today. Probably should have. Small Simson S in triangle on underside of stock. Really nice! dj

This isn't un-common Most of these have S marked stocks and bolt parts. I think in the 125,000 range if I can still remember off the top of my head.. These seem to be a little easier to find than the second run. But, neither are easy to find.

Its in great shape. Congrats !!!!!! :thumbsup:

You're killing me. 1am?? Dibs if you decide to move it? Still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger first on that killer JGA months ago.

Where was this JGA you saw? Do you have pictures?

As KKW22cal and I have previously discussed you really don't see many of the JGA DSM34s in 22cal for sale. When you do see them they seem to vary greatly (serialized, stamped what parts are serialized etc). Like the DSM34 BSWs there are also two distinct logo variations. We'd love to see it to collect more info of these rifles.

I got lucky and picked one up on a great deal, was at auction and didn't even sell!

Nice grab Fly. You don't see many of these in that condition. Was this one the one you saw at Tulsa?

Enough is enough we need to have a Sticky: Picture Reference Index for trainers. Make it happen!

No this one popped up online. Ran across 3 Bsw .22’s this year and a matching K98 but that one was sanded unfortunately.

No this one popped up online. Ran across 3 Bsw .22’s this year and a matching K98 but that one was sanded unfortunately.

Saw where you picked it up from. Looked there earlier this week and must have just missed him posting it. Saw the other pictures... what a rifle. Very nice pickup.

Now your getting the BSW fever, sigh, more people to compete against. :googlie

Military Rifle Journal
Back