Third Party Press

Thread: Turkish ammo

Default Turkish ammo

Guys,

Iím thinking Turkish ammo is too hot for k43?

Asking since this guy has a whole bucket of it and Iím thinking itís too hot for old self loaders like the k/g43 rifles.

Itís 1951 dated tqc f.s. Ammo.

Thanks for any input on this matter

I wouldn't let Turk ammo within 20 feet of a G41 or 43!

Default Turkish ammo

Ok thanks all I need to know.

I use modern PPU 196gr SP in my G43s and G41. Any surplus Iíll put through my 98ks and clean accordingly if corrosive, which is a given on about any surplus 8mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea Iíve got some ppu I will be using forever.. haha

That Turk ammo is apparently straight garbage from what I have been reading.

Thanks

Turk 8mm is VERY hot. I bought a bunch back when Turk Mauser's were 39 bucks each. Kicked like a mule and would shoot straight thru a telephone pole.

Yea thatís what I have heard and it probably would blow apart a late 1944 k43 to little pieces. So Iím gonna pass on that garbage and shoot some new production stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kar43 View Post
    Ok thanks all I need to know.
    I only shoot mild handloads in mine,with the smallest orifice in the shooters kit.

It's probably as much to do with the crappy pressure curve / burn rate of Turkish that will turn a G/K into a mini hand grenade. Add to that the powder inconsistency and poor to questionable storage (hot/cold/wet/humid/repeat) and then you've got clumped up crappy inconsistent powder. Some will burn slow, then accelerate and burn explosively, such that the first part kicks your bolt carrier back, and then the explosive second burn peels the bolt carrier off. The G/K is one of the last semi-auto rifles I'd shoot this stuff in and I wouldn't shoot it in any semi-auto.

BTW, if you've ever had a high pressure semi-auto have an OOB it's not a forgettable experience. Always wear shooting glasses, they saved me.
    ďNot every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.Ē - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

The stuff is brutal. I load it down. Also turn some of it into 7.92x33 Kurz for "no pick up brass". No way I would shoot it as is. Just my 2 cents.