Third Party Press

ZF4 meopta anti-tank

fl22326

Gents,

I know it is not really related to WW2 but who knows something about this ZF4 and its anti-tank reticle? any idea about what rifle it was to be used with? how was the reticle used?

thanks for your inputs

Max

Attachments

• ZF4meoptaRange.jpg
    ZF4meoptaRange.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 149
Gents,

I know it is not really related to WW2 but who knows something about this ZF4 and its anti-tank reticle? any idea about what rifle it was to be used with? how was the reticle used?

thanks for your inputs

Max

I have one of those .

Markings are the same on the tube but has the standard german No. 1 reticle .

Had a collector tell me they were used by the swiss army for the recoiless anti -tank.

Dont know if he knew what he was talking about...but that is what he claimed..take it for what it is worth.

IIRC there have been some posts on the internet about the Carl Gustaf WWII vintage, M42 Recoilless Rifle using a ZF4 scope. Some of the ammo was dated post WWII (1946) so maybe the rifle was still being supported for a brief period of time after WWII.

About 10 minutes into the video is some good info and reticle footage, looks the same as yours. Did you get a mount with the scope?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQfQPSlSHg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Jithaca!

Any chance you have the M42 Scope Mount? Would love to see one. I have one of the rifles. The rail on mine looks different than the one on youtube.

Picture of the M42 rnd next to a 545X39

Cart.jpg

Hi,

Unfortunately, I only have the scope which I am going to put for sale.

If anyone interested, let me know.

Cheers

Military Rifle Journal
Back