Third Party Press

Fresh out of the closet S/147 Battle Horse

Just picked this up today. It came out of a vet's estate in Florida. It hasn't seen the light of day in many years. I haven't cleaned it or anything. I can't tell how the bore is, because its full of dust bunnies.

Its duffle cut. The handguard is a laminated replacement ( no number underneath ). The bolt release, the safety, and 2 action screws are non-matching. I love the battle carried look of it.

IMG_20190427_152417.jpg
IMG_20190427_152358.jpg
IMG_20190427_152404.jpg
IMG_20190427_152407.jpg
IMG_20190427_152422.jpg
IMG_20190427_152428.jpg
IMG_20190427_152436.jpg
IMG_20190427_152441.jpg

Awesome rifle! Looks to be in really nice untouched shape! This one is cool because you can tell the unumbered safety and m/m ejector box weren’t replaced yesterday. You can usually spot collector replaced unumbered parts and such, not the case on this rifle! It must be Sauer week, I might have to put a new one up too then! Haha

I love these pre-wars. So much better fit/finish. Great looking rifle.

When you consider the amount of numbered parts it's even more amazing that these early rifles are in great shape after the war.

Is it me or do we see a lot of early good condition rifles on here?

When you consider the amount of numbered parts it's even more amazing that these early rifles are in great shape after the war.

They stand out to me when they show up in the sea of 42+ year rifles. And yes, with all the numbered parts in such chaos of war to survive as they did. All the tiny proofed and numbered parts. One of my bSw's still retains the original proof'd and serial #d muzzle cover.

That's not a battle horse,its in great shape for 8/9 years of war.

Was it in another war before or after the big one..? Cuz my count is 5 yrs 4 months from Poland to surrender.

But yes....stock aint bad if it did the entire Russian tour ..I got the same rifle and it is pretty dinged up.

In fact it is my most banged up gun.....but it is my favorite.

We do actually see a lot, especially lately. It’s a treat to see them too, it’s fun to look over the wear patterns and look at parts and wonder where the rifle was and what it saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was actually excited to see the upper handguard was replaced with an un-numbered , laminated piece. Along with the un-numbered safety. It shows it has been around the block.
I did run a snake through the bore. It's in pretty good shape. You can tell it has definitely it has shot many rounds through in its life.

Military Rifle Journal
Back