Third Party Press

bcd 4 long side rail

Peter S

About 5 years ago a local gun shop owner & friend had a nice bcd 4 long side rail sniper (rifle only) walk in the door to his shop. My friend bought it, decided to keep it and maybe acquire a scope for it. I knew he wasn't really into German rifles, so every now & then I would ask him if he was ready to sell the rifle to me. I took delivery of it today.

You may remember, several weeks ago I picked up a nice scope and can set at a local show. http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?35361-lsr-scope-amp-can Well, this rifle & scope go very well together. They MATCH! I did not remember the serial number of the rifle from when I first saw it 5 years ago but when I picked it today up and saw the number...I'm thinking to myself, this number looks awful familiar. This makes it a 3 way match...rifle, mount & can.

Here are a few pictures I took for now. A more detailed set will follow when I get time.

In picture number 4, notice the mis-stamped proof mark. It is supposed to be on the mount.

Attachments

• lsr 82807 01as.jpg
    lsr 82807 01as.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 170
  • lsr 82807 02as.jpg
    lsr 82807 02as.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 184
  • lsr 82807 03as.jpg
    lsr 82807 03as.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 364
  • lsr 82807 04as.jpg
    lsr 82807 04as.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 216
  • lsr 82807 05as.jpg
    lsr 82807 05as.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 166
  • lsr 82807 06as.jpg
    lsr 82807 06as.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 141
  • lsr 82807 07as.jpg
    lsr 82807 07as.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
That is absolutely incredible. At what point did you realize your scope matched the rifle?

Holy Stromboli !!!!! Lightning striking would be an under statement. That is incredible. Good on you Peter.. wow!!! Love the condition too. That proof strike covering the two pieces is phenomenal.

That is absolutely incredible. At what point did you realize your scope matched the rifle?

As he was doing the paperwork and writing down the number....I wasn't totally sure of the middle digit, I knew that the first 2 and the last 2 were correct. I wasn't 100% sure until I opened the safe. At that point you couldn't wipe the smile off of my face.

Holy hell, that’s amazing! Congratulations! I still hold out some hope I may find a match for mine one day!

This is simply awesome!!! Something like this happened last year too, boy I’d love to have been in your shoes for a second when you opened the safe! Congrats!

That is an outstanding coincidence! Good karma working it’s way to you, now for the scope that matches your single claw to come back around.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy Mother Honker !!!!! See that shite does happen . Congrats Peter . OK I think You just used up 95% of Your Karma !!!!!!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Pete, you better go play lotto. Seriously your type of story is what keeps us collectors going. Beautiful LSR, mine is only a few thousand later than yours. It is interesting that the upper e359 proof is split between the upper and lower mount, never seen that before.

That is awesome. I thought it was cool enough to rebuild a matching G43 once, I bought the parts off three different dealers and realized when fooling around that they all matched to the same rifle. However, to match up a sniper that is awesome.

Now, do you happen to have a spare mount/scope around now?

Wow! It really is almost unbelievable! As the others said, beautiful rig and oh brother go buy 1 lottery ticket. For those holding out hopes of finding the bolt for their m/m this must be reassuring. Congrats Peter! Great find and great story too.

Military Rifle Journal
Back